• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiat Surahs and passages

Reaction score
ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM

I think all of u guys who are appearing in islamiat may june session this year...ur teachers must have told u this if not heres a bit of change u have to make while writing MAIN THEME of a passage..

AT start of writing main theme U HAVE TO WRITE WHETHER IT IS A MAKKI SURAH OR MADNI SURAH........AND ALSO IF IT IS A VERSE THEN FROM WHICH SURAH IT IS TAKEN......

these two things will be necessary as u can confirm it from DAVID THOMAS(CHIEF EXAMINER)'S ISLAMIAT BOOK for olevel revised edition in the start he said all this that these two above mentioned things will be necessary for students appearing in may/june 2011 and afterwards.This things was also told to respective teachers in an conference with CAMBRDIGE TEAM WHICH CAME to promote david thomas new book.
HOPE THIS HELPS :)

Reaction score
But i don't get what the connection between main theme and whether it is a makki or madni surah is...:S.
if you know which one's are makki and madni, can you help me out. Just tell me according to the order given in FNM book plz. I'd appreciate it.

Reaction score
dude i also was confused but still it is necessary so we should know....UNTIL now i only know that ALL surahs based on theme Allah in himself are MAKKI except Ayat-ul-kursi which is madni surah....rest i havent figured or found out when i will i will tell u surely

Reaction score
@Angel of Darkness I have the David R Thomas book but it doesn't say anywhere that we have to write whether it is Makki or Madni Surah !! I checked the whole book !!

Reaction score
@salman
I think i remember my teacher saying that she went to the cambridge workshop, and was talking about a new book by some english writer which had changes in the Surahs. I am like almost 100 percent sure it was David R Thomas guy, and his NEW book.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

but one thing...as mentioned in the first post that u got to write abt the name and verse..so have a confusion..that it's already given in the question..so that means we need to write it again :S

Reaction score
@Maths Angel you are right but how can we know that Surah is Makki or Madni !! ????????

Reaction score
ITS PRETTY EASY TO KNOW WHICH SURAH IS MAKKI OR MADNI JUST LOOK IN THE QURAN OR GET DAVID THOMAS OR FIND IT IN ANY OTHER SOURCE.
BUT DONT WORRY ILL TELL ABOUT EACH SURAH IF IT IS MAKKI OR MADNI!!!

THESE SURAHS BELONG TO THE CATEGORY ALLAH IN HIMSELF

1.SURAH BAQARAH (AYAT UL KURSI) A MADNI SURAH (2:255)
2.SURAH AL ANAM (6:101-103) A MAKKAN SURAH
3.SURAH FUSSILAT (41:37) A MAKKAN SURAH
4.SURAH AL SHURA(42:4-5) A MAKKAN SURAH
5.SURAH AL IKHLAS (112) A MAKKAN SURAH

THESE SURAHS BELONG TO THE CATEGORY OF ALLAHS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CREATED WORLD..
6.SURAH AL FATIHA (1) A MAKKAN SURAH (SOME SCHOLARS BELIEVE THAT IT WAS REVELAED IN BOTH MAKKA AND MADINAH )
7.SURAH AL BAQARAH(2:21-22) a MADNI SURAH
8.SURAH AL ALAQ (96:1-5) A MAKKAN SURAH
9.SURAH ZILZAL(99) A LATE MAKKAN OR AN EARLY MADNI SURAH
10.SURAH AL NAS(114) A MAKKAN SURAH

THE SURAH IN THESE CATEGORIES BELONG TO ALLAHS MESSENGER
11.SURAH AL BAQARAH(2:30-37) A MADNI SURAH
12.SURAH AL ANAM (6:75-79) A MAKKAN SURAH
13.SURAH AL MAIDA (5:110) a MADNI SURAH
14.SURAH AL DUHA (93) A MAKKAN SURAH
15.SURAH AL KAUSAR(108) a MAKKAN SURAH...

Reaction score
Math Angel i also had this question that do we have to write it again my teacher said that u have to write like this...This Ayat ayat-ul-kursi is taken from surah bakra and it is a madni surah.......THEN we start our main theme and those who cheked david thomas book chek the revised edition its new in market and yes the workshop was held and i heard that a very old lady who writes mark schemes also came to promote the book of david thomas.

Reaction score
If the Surah is given then ?? I mean Surah Nas is Makki Surah but how can we write that from what Surat is it taken from !!

Reaction score
You could mention that surah nas is taken from the 30th para (whatever you call it in english ) or name the chapter it is taken from.So the eg will look like this.

Surah nas is taken from the 30th para and is a makki surah.D)

THIS I BELIEVE IS IN CORRECT SO DONT FOLLOW THIS. LOOK AT MY NEXT POST.

Reaction score
NO MAN I JUST THINK WE DONT NEED TO MENTION THE PARA IT IS JUST FOR SURAHS LIKE AYAT UL KURSI WHICH IS TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SURAH SO WE HAVE TO TELL WHERE THIS SURAH COMES FROM.FOR OTHERS YOU JUST LEAVE IT AS IT IS.SORRY FOR MAKING YOU GUYS CONFUSED ILL TRY DELETE MY PREVIOUS POST JUST TO EMULATE THE MISCONCEPTION.SO THE EG NOW LOOKS LIKE THIS.

SURAH NAS IS A MAKKI SURAH AND BELONGS TO THE CATEGORY OF ALLAH IN HIMSELF(I HOPE I WROTE THE RIGHT CATEGORY) AND THEN YOU EXPLAIN THE MAIN THEME.

Reaction score
YEAH I WROTE WRON BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CANT DELETE THAT POST KNOW.