• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ISLAMIAT

Reaction score
Assalamolaikum To achieve level 2 i.e 3-4 Marks you need to remember a few general points. Hadith and Quran are both the primary sources of law. Hadith add to the teachings of Quran and explain them. They lay some certain exceptions to Quranic Injunctions though they never contradict each other. The meaning of Quran is implicit while that of Hadith is explicit. Both Quran and Hadith recommend the use of Quran and Sunnah together in Islamic legal thinking.

Now the question is how to achieve level 3, for it you have to give certain examples. I recommend that of Riba and Zakat which you can get from even redspot.(if you can find that easily then its ok otherwise i will post later)
As far as level 4 is concerned both general and example relating references need to be given for example Quran says,'He who obeys Prophet, obeys Allah."(4;80 Al-Nisa) Prophet himself said," Behold i have been granted the book and a similar thing Sunnah along with that."(Al-hadith) these are general but for example in case of example of riba," They say trade is like interest but Allah has allowed trade and forbidden interest."(2;275 Al Baqara) Hadith explains this clearly,"The bartering of gold for gold is riba except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount..........(complete it yourself)."(Al-Hadith) so the above two references are particularly related to examples. So for 9-10 Marks give minimum 3 general references and 4 other relating to the two examples. Your answer should not be standardised hope it helps you may ask for more help it will be my pleasure to help.

Reaction score
Assalamolaikum To achieve level 2 i.e 3-4 Marks you need to remember a few general points. Hadith and Quran are both the primary sources of law. Hadith add to the teachings of Quran and explain them. They lay some certain exceptions to Quranic Injunctions though they never contradict each other. The meaning of Quran is implicit while that of Hadith is explicit. Both Quran and Hadith recommend the use of Quran and Sunnah together in Islamic legal thinking.

Now the question is how to achieve level 3, for it you have to give certain examples. I recommend that of Riba and Zakat which you can get from even redspot.(if you can find that easily then its ok otherwise i will post later)
As far as level 4 is concerned both general and example relating references need to be given for example Quran says,'He who obeys Prophet, obeys Allah."(4;80 Al-Nisa) Prophet himself said," Behold i have been granted the book and a similar thing Sunnah along with that."(Al-hadith) these are general but for example in case of example of riba," They say trade is like interest but Allah has allowed trade and forbidden interest."(2;275 Al Baqara) Hadith explains this clearly,"The bartering of gold for gold is riba except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount..........(complete it yourself)."(Al-Hadith) so the above two references are particularly related to examples. So for 9-10 Marks give minimum 3 general references and 4 other relating to the two examples. Your answer should not be standardised hope it helps you may ask for more help it will be my pleasure to help.
thanks alot :)
it would be really nice if u could post those quotations and examples aswell

Reaction score
thanks alot :)
it would be really nice if u could post those quotations and examples aswell
sure why not.
Example 1: Zakat
Quran only tells about the injunction of Zakat in these words,"Be steadfast in prayer , pay charity tax and bow down your heads with those who bow down."(2;43) More details are given by hadiths as Saad ibn Al Khudri Narrated that Prophet SAW said,"No charity tax is due on property mounting less to five uqiya and no charity tax is due on fewer than five camels and no property tax is on less than five wasq."(Book 24 Book of Zakat Sahih Bukhari)

Example 2: Riba
Quran forbade Riba in these words,"They say trade is like interest and Allah has allowed trade but forbidden interest."(2;275 Al-Baqara) Hadith further elaborates as Prophet said,"We asked the Messenger of Allah about money exchange.He said,"If it is from hand to hand and equal in amount then there is no harm in it otherwise it is not permissible."(Book of sales Sahih Bukhari) Another hadith says,"The bartering of gold for gold is Riba if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount, the bartering of wheat grain for wheat grain is riba except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount, the bartering of dates for dates is riba except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount and the batering of dates for dates is riba except if it i from hand to hand and equal in amount."