• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamic songs

Reaction score
offtopic.gif
:ROFLMAO: nice pic :p

but since the thread is about Islamic songs..... maybe we can clear out things a bit... like any misconceptions that we have... :unsure:
GetSomeLife's post set me thinking... ...

Reaction score
i respect ur opinion. ive heard tht duff things many tyms. wht has duff to do with islam??! perhaps it was the only instrument in those tyms. i'll give u an xampl. ppl say dogs are not allwed in islam(dnt wnt to get into tht debate) but they say tht salukis are allowed coz they were kept by mehmud of ghazni whu was a v pious man. isnt tht insane? correct me if u find me wrong
Good enough for you or do you require more?

i respect ur opinion. ive heard tht duff things many tyms. wht has duff to do with islam??! perhaps it was the only instrument in those tyms. i'll give u an xampl. ppl say dogs are not allwed in islam(dnt wnt to get into tht debate) but they say tht salukis are allowed coz they were kept by mehmud of ghazni whu was a v pious man. isnt tht insane? correct me if u find me wrong
The duff has nothing special that connects it with Islamic Teachings. The Prophet allowed it as you heard Sir Zakir Naik say (if you watched the video) and that's all there is to it.

Furthermore, the pet thing, Mahmood kept 2 ( i think) dogs as BODY GUARDS! They never entered the place where he prayed and according to some people... they ALWAYS remained outside! :) So, you can't say that he kept them as PETS and is doing something wrong.

well if dose galz had got dogz, dogs wouldve been made halal, if nauzubillah those gals drank wine, wine wouldve been made halal
Excuse me, but you speak of the Prophet as if he wasn't sure of his decision! Please refrain from speaking like that! Wine was prohibited STRICTLY by Allah Almighty. And the Prophet made it clear that it IS HARAM! Moreover, there were indications that Music is Haram in Quran... and the Prophet again made it CLEAR that it is HARAM with a few exceptions YOU or I have no right to comment on. It's final!

agr wo piano bajate to?? yar think it in a broad spectrum
I think i made it pretty clear above :)

Reaction score
Good enough for you or do you require more?

The duff has nothing special that connects it with Islamic Teachings. The Prophet allowed it as you heard Sir Zakir Naik say (if you watched the video) and that's all there is to it.

Furthermore, the pet thing, Mahmood kept 2 ( i think) dogs as BODY GUARDS! They never entered the place where he prayed and according to some people... they ALWAYS remained outside! :) So, you can't say that he kept them as PETS and is doing something wrong.

Excuse me, but you speak of the Prophet as if he wasn't sure of his decision! Please refrain from speaking like that! Wine was prohibited STRICTLY by Allah Almighty. And the Prophet made it clear that it IS HARAM! Moreover, there were indications that Music is Haram in Quran... and the Prophet again made it CLEAR that it is HARAM with a few exceptions YOU or I have no right to comment on. It's final!

I think i made it pretty clear above :)
thanks Jazakallah khair! thanks for all the info... will benefit from it :) n thanks for showing me what was wrong...
May Allah bless you and all those wh helped this discussion (Ameen) :)

Reaction score
Evidence for prohibition of music is the hadith of Prophet (p.b.u.h) where he says all instruments are not allowed except the duff. Also in the Qur'an, Surah Luqman (31:6), Allah says 'amusment in speech' has been prohibited. Ibn Abbas (r.a) commented on this saying, it referred to music. Btw Ibn abbas was the famous scholar, who was knwn for having exceptional understanding of the Qur'an and being blessed by Allah with the understanding of religion. Isnt this proof enough that music is prohibited?
Also islamic nasheeds with musical instuments are also prohibited. I mean, just saying that they have good lyrics is quite decepitive, because 'heal the world', for e.g., by MJ, has gd lyrics bt also music. We cant call that an Islamic song, can we?
This is my opinion......