• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamic songs

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I could be wrong... although i don't think i am for now... better we just adopt Na'aten :D

woh to i DO listen a LOT :p (n sing too :p)

Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, not to dishearten, but we can't just adopt naatein :( cuz a lot many today, include those lines which are shirkiya...

so plz, one advice whenever you start listening to some, make sure it has no 'shirkiya' [including shirk] lines...!

and btw about the music issue, GetSomeLife, you're right...

for a start, to leave the songs etc, you can come to listening those nasheeds without music....etc and has nothing that's wrong..

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, not to dishearten, but we can't just adopt naatein :( cuz a lot many today, include those lines which are shirkiya...

so plz, one advice whenever you start listening to some, make sure it has no 'shirkiya' [including shirk] lines...!

for a start, to leave the songs etc, you can come to listening those nasheeds without music....etc and has nothing that's wrong..
dats true about the naats... we need to check the lyrics before we hear them :)
Thans for confirming :)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

I know but i am talking about people such a Junaid Jamshed and the person who wrote "Faslon ko takaluf" (don't quite remember his name). All ther na'aten are beautiful and free of any such thing :D

Reaction score
I know but i am talking about people such a Junaid Jamshed and the person who wrote "Faslon ko takaluf" (don't quite remember his name). All ther na'aten are beautiful and free of any such thing :D
:LOL: u like dat too? i LOVE it :,)
its Waheed Zafar Qasmi ;) n yeah dats true,... dere's r fine Alhamdulillah :)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

exactly .. thats why i listen to humds only coz sometimes those shirkiya verses are not easy to grab

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

True, That's the thing I hate about naatain.. I've seen shirk in them many times...

Here are really cool guidelines about Nashheds, which are pemissible and which are not:
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/91142/

I personally hear Nasheed very rarely... coz well, I once heard this story in a tafseer and it touched my heart:
Labid, who was one of the seven poets of Mu'allaqat before Islam i.e. his poetry was so good that it was hung from the kaabah, became a muslim. He stopped making poetry after he got Quran (coz nothing can be more beautiful than Quran). [There is his incident with Umar (RA) that shows this (Umar (RA) asked him about his poetry).] :)
so I try to listen to Quran more... ;)

may Allah help us all get an understanding of His book and help us stay away from shirk like Ibrahim (AS).. Aameen.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb once again!

To be honest, one of the members above posted that I posted the link to 'The Classical hit, It's bad'. That's right.... ;) And after watching that video, I stopped listening to the nasheeds...(cuz I used to do it at times...!)

However, taking into account, that people are mostly addicted to music, I thought it might be discouraging if I say that DOnt listen to nasheeds :(

And that being the reason I clearly stated,

badrobot, you have given an excellent insight about the nasheeds...JazakAllahu Khairen...

I hope you members rightly know what to opt for ;)

Of course, give up music at the earliest...

A beautiful sharing by cool crystals:
Some people die while singing songs...!!Others have died while reciting the Qur'an...
Some people have faced death when a cinema hall caught fire ! - While others faced Malikul Maut in a stampede during Hajj...

◆ Different people. ◆ Different Actions. ◆ Different ways of Dying.
" You die upon what you live!!"
HOW WOULD WE LIKE TO FACE DEATH ?
While foot tapping to music OR while in sujood in a masjid ? While singing songs OR reciting the Qur'an ?
Lets turn to Allah before its time to return to him..!

:cry:

So it'd be better we leave music...

And if that's too difficult, try to get yourself addicted to Quran, either reading it or listening to it! As badrobot said...
This'd definitely be a better option...

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb once again!

To be honest, one of the members above posted that I posted the link to 'The Classical hit, It's bad'. That's right.... ;) And after watching that video, I stopped listening to the nasheeds...(cuz I used to do it at times...!)

However, taking into account, that people are mostly addicted to music, I thought it might be discouraging if I say that DOnt listen to nasheeds :(

And that being the reason I clearly stated,

badrobot, you have given an excellent insight about the nasheeds...JazakAllahu Khairen...
Wa iyyakum...
True ... stopping music is the first thing to do, even nasheeds are far less evil than any song. but the best of best is Quran.
so if nasheeds keep any1 away from songs, ok for them to hear nasheeds maybe, but we must try to shift to listening Quran... It's the cure for what's inside hearts/chests and a poweful advice, as mentioned in surah Yunus...