• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat Model answers and notes!

Reaction score
If you need any help regarding to islamiat i will try my level best to give you answers
exactly how much r we supposed to write for 10 marks n 4 marks questions , n r writing down quotations in surahs or hadiths necessary , if yes thn how many atleast

Reaction score
Salam, I have this answer to the popular question asking to describe the main difficulties encountered by Prophet PBUH and followers during the years they lived in Makkah. My Islamiat teacher said it was a great answer: nicely covering details within length. Here it is:
Three years passed since the Holy Prophet"s first revelation. He had been preaching the word of Allah to his close friends and relatives, and bythat time, forty righteous people had embraced Islam. When the command came to preach publicly:-"Expound openly what thou art commanded...," The Holy Prophet gathered the Quraish at the Safa hill and told them about the unity of Allah and his Prophethood. But the Quraish dispersed in fury and resentment
The Quraish realized that if they dont take any strict measures against this call, it would be accepted by many. Therefore, they began persecuting the Prophet PBUH and his followers. It was the worst trial for early converts and poor ones; they were starved, beaten and imprisoned. Slaves, such as Hazrat Bilal were made to lie down on the hot desert sand with a boulder on their top and offered the options of either renouncing their faith or suffer. Hz Usman was wrapped in leaves by his uncle and set on fire. Some died of the effects but none of them turned away from Islam. One such example is the martyrdom of Hazrat Sumayya, and her husband who died due to severe persecution. The Prophet PBUH was also treated harshly. Rumours were spread about him, and rubbish was thrown on him and abuses hurled. A woman used to specially wait for the Prophet to pass by to throw rubbish on him. Another time Abu Jahl placed filth on his back, and Abu Jahl's wife used to put thorns on the path the Prophet PBUH was expected to take. Despite these disgusting measures against the followers by the chiefs- Abu Lahb, Abu Jahl, Atba, Waleed etc- they remained steadfast. The Prophet PBUH continued his mission with increasing determination.
In the 5th year of Prophethood, The sufferings of the Muslims reached to the extent that some of the followers including Hz Usman and his wife had to migrate to Abysinnia, where the king Najashi treated them kindly, but the Quraish pursued the immigrants and demanded them back. However after Najashi heard Hazrat Jaffar's inspirational speech, he refused to send them back and the Quraish returned with their mission failed. When the Quraish saw the day by day rising prestige of the Muslims, they demanded the Banu Hashim to withdraw protection from the Prophet PBUH, but when they were refused, the tribes of Makkah drew up a joint agreement enforcing a complete economic and social boycott on the Banu Hashim in the 7th year of prophethood. All the roads leading to the valley, in which they were forced to live, were blocked and the little food they had was soon over. Then there was an extremely difficult period; the valleys echoed with the cries of helpless people and children, feeding on boiled leather and leaves. But they bore these difficulties patiently, and waited for Allah's help. They were finally released after three years as some kind hearted unbelieves broke the agreement. However, due to the effects of the hardships faced, the Prophet's wife Khadija died as well as his beloved uncle Abu Talib passed away in the 10th year of prophethood. The Prophet PBUH was deeply grieved at both of these deaths as well as the followers shared his sorrow, and this year was given the name of "The year of sorrow."
Seeing the Prophet PBUH lose protection, the Quraish increased their attacks on the Prophet PBUH, and in order to search an avenue for support, he set out for Taif with Zaib bin Haris. When they approached Taif, the Prophet PBUH told them about Allah and Islamic teachings, but none responded them favourably. Instead the people of Taif violently drove them out of the city with stones being thrown at them due to which they were injured. At the same time the Quraish were sparing no chance to oppose the believers too inferior to stand up against them. Consequently, the Migration to Yasrib was considered.
Thats it! I hope it helps.

Oh and as for the part (b) about how the difficulties set lessons for us, referring to the examples in part a), we can write and explore how:
*Our faith should be strong and we should maintain it ;How the early Muslims suffered and some even died of the effects but didn't renounce their faith
* Always remain loyal to religion no matter how hard time it is...bravery; the reaction of the boycotted banu hashim muslims
* Patience: in all these difficulties...how patience bears fruits as it did for Prophet PBUH and followers in the form of success for Islam
* Forgiving...better to pray for people's guidance; the incident of Taif
* Obedience to the Prophet PBUH; the followers obeyed the Prophet PBUH despite severe persecution

Reaction score
exactly how much r we supposed to write for 10 marks n 4 marks questions , n r writing down quotations in surahs or hadiths necessary , if yes thn how many atleast
for 10 marks at least 350 to 700 (knowledgeable answer) n for 4 marks 70 to 120 (knowledgeable answer) will give you excellent marks..... minimum one reference with its number like this....“There is no other guardian of the creation in the heavens and the earth, and He does not associate anyone with Himself in His authority."(18:26) actually the number is reference rest is text..so put the numbers after ur text....coz verses are repeated in the Holy Quran like prayer about 40 verses so if u quote a verse than u have to put the number as well n examiners loves to give extra marks for this....... maximum references 3. Here is an example of my tafseer( main them) of surrah Fussilat:.......
A: Theme:
This verse is an earlymakkan sura,itdescribesthetheme of God in Himself.Itmentionssomeofthesignsand phenomenaofnaturethatreflectGod’sunityand majesty. Itrefersto thecyclesofdayand nightas evidenceofdivinity.TheQuran supportsitelsewhereas:“behold!Inthe creation oftheheavensand earth;inthealternationofthenightand theday….aresignsforthepeople whoare wise’’(2:164). Thepassagecommandsusto worshiptheCreatorofthesun and moon and not thecreationsthemselvesbecausetheCreatorisalwayssuperior tothecreations “Who is the Creator of all? “……but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of his creatures”. (3:97)

Reaction score
Salam, I have this answer to the popular question asking to describe the main difficulties encountered by Prophet PBUH and followers during the years they lived in Makkah. My Islamiat teacher said it was a great answer: nicely covering details within length. Here it is:
Three years passed since the Holy Prophet"s first revelation. He had been preaching the word of Allah to his close friends and relatives, and bythat time, forty righteous people had embraced Islam. When the command came to preach publicly:-"Expound openly what thou art commanded...," The Holy Prophet gathered the Quraish at the Safa hill and told them about the unity of Allah and his Prophethood. But the Quraish dispersed in fury and resentment
The Quraish realized that if they dont take any strict measures against this call, it would be accepted by many. Therefore, they began persecuting the Prophet PBUH and his followers. It was the worst trial for early converts and poor ones; they were starved, beaten and imprisoned. Slaves, such as Hazrat Bilal were made to lie down on the hot desert sand with a boulder on their top and offered the options of either renouncing their faith or suffer. Hz Usman was wrapped in leaves by his uncle and set on fire. Some died of the effects but none of them turned away from Islam. One such example is the martyrdom of Hazrat Sumayya, and her husband who died due to severe persecution. The Prophet PBUH was also treated harshly. Rumours were spread about him, and rubbish was thrown on him and abuses hurled. A woman used to specially wait for the Prophet to pass by to throw rubbish on him. Another time Abu Jahl placed filth on his back, and Abu Jahl's wife used to put thorns on the path the Prophet PBUH was expected to take. Despite these disgusting measures against the followers by the chiefs- Abu Lahb, Abu Jahl, Atba, Waleed etc- they remained steadfast. The Prophet PBUH continued his mission with increasing determination.
In the 5th year of Prophethood, The sufferings of the Muslims reached to the extent that some of the followers including Hz Usman and his wife had to migrate to Abysinnia, where the king Najashi treated them kindly, but the Quraish pursued the immigrants and demanded them back. However after Najashi heard Hazrat Jaffar's inspirational speech, he refused to send them back and the Quraish returned with their mission failed. When the Quraish saw the day by day rising prestige of the Muslims, they demanded the Banu Hashim to withdraw protection from the Prophet PBUH, but when they were refused, the tribes of Makkah drew up a joint agreement enforcing a complete economic and social boycott on the Banu Hashim in the 7th year of prophethood. All the roads leading to the valley, in which they were forced to live, were blocked and the little food they had was soon over. Then there was an extremely difficult period; the valleys echoed with the cries of helpless people and children, feeding on boiled leather and leaves. But they bore these difficulties patiently, and waited for Allah's help. They were finally released after three years as some kind hearted unbelieves broke the agreement. However, due to the effects of the hardships faced, the Prophet's wife Khadija died as well as his beloved uncle Abu Talib passed away in the 10th year of prophethood. The Prophet PBUH was deeply grieved at both of these deaths as well as the followers shared his sorrow, and this year was given the name of "The year of sorrow."
Seeing the Prophet PBUH lose protection, the Quraish increased their attacks on the Prophet PBUH, and in order to search an avenue for support, he set out for Taif with Zaib bin Haris. When they approached Taif, the Prophet PBUH told them about Allah and Islamic teachings, but none responded them favourably. Instead the people of Taif violently drove them out of the city with stones being thrown at them due to which they were injured. At the same time the Quraish were sparing no chance to oppose the believers too inferior to stand up against them. Consequently, the Migration to Yasrib was considered.

Oh and as for the part (b) about how the difficulties set lessons for us, referring to the examples in part a), we can write and explore how:
*Our faith should be strong and we should maintain it ;How the early Muslims suffered and some even died of the effects but didn't renounce their faith
* Always remain loyal to religion no matter how hard time it is...bravery; the reaction of the boycotted banu hashim muslims
* Patience: in all these difficulties...how patience bears fruits as it did for Prophet PBUH and followers in the form of success for Islam
* Obedience to the Prophet PBUH; the followers obeyed the Prophet PBUH despite severe persecution
For me knowledge is missing in both u just wrote the general statements rest is ok and 4 mark ans is good..... here is my answer to this question which i wrote separately.....

Reaction score
For me knowledge is missing in both u just wrote the general statements rest is ok and 4 mark ans is good..... here is my answer to this question which i wrote separately.....
i) Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) Undoubtedly our Holy Prophet (S.A.W) who faced such circumstances like oppossition and persecution by the unbeliever. When the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was ordered by Allah to preach openly, as the Holy Quran Say’s “therefore, declare openly to them, what you are commanded and turned away from the pagans “(15:94). The Holy Muhammad (S.A.W) went to Mount Safa and called on to the people of Quraish and warned them by giving the message of Allah his uncle Abu Lahb and his wife Umme Jameel scolded the Prophet (S.A.W) and all of the Quraish rejected the preaching of Muhammad (S.A.W).
Abu Lahb’s Wife Umme Jameel used to throw thorny bushes and thorn on the path of Holy Muhammad (S.A.W). The Quraish, who ones respected and adored him, now turned his bitterest enemies. An old women regular threw filth and garbage on the face of Holy Muhammad (S.A.W) whenever he was busy in prayer , the Quraishites driven by insane ambitions , they even pelted stones at him and severed him with several abuses whenever he use to pass by. Once when the Holy Muhammad (S.A.W) was preaching in Ukaz Fair, Abu Lahb came from behind and shouted “O people of Quraish! He is my nephew, don’t listen to him he is a poet, insane, soothsayer and a magician, stay away from him” (Ibn-Hisham Seerah 1/287).
Once the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was praying a man by the name Uqbah- Bin- Muait came from behind and strangled him Abu Bakr (R.A) was nearby He came and released from the grip of Uqba-Bin-Muait and the people of Quraish started beating Hazrat Abu Bakr (R.A) so much that his own clan people took him to his house. Abu Jahl once said to his friends that he would split the head of Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) by throwing a stone when he would offer prayer. On the following morning he approached with a stone in his hand he suddenly stopped and terrified, and he rushed back to his friends swearing that he had seen a huge camel stallion who appeared to attack and eat him. Pagens used all their tactics to dissuade Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) from spreading the message of Islam. They even tried to bribe him by giving temptation to his uncle Abu Talib that If Muhammad (S.A.W) wanted to be king of Quraish they will make him; if he wanted the wealth we will make him the richest man in Mecca, if he wanted to marry the most beautiful girl in Arab we will give her to Muhammad (S.A.W). The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in response said to his uncle that they cannot stop me preaching Islam by simply given these temptations then the Quraish again came to his uncle and this time they threatened Abu Talib that if he didn’t stop Muhhammad (S.A.W) from preaching new faith they will hurt Muhammad (S.A.W) Abu Talib said to Muhammad (S.A.W) “O my brother’s son if u didn’t stop I am afraid that they will hurt you” the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) emotionally replied “O uncle if you put the sun in my right hand the moon in my left hand I will not stop preaching the message until Allah takes my life”(Sahih Al-Bukhari) .
When all the tactics and strategies of the Quraish failed, they went on for socio-economic boycott against Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and his clan Banu Hasim along with his followers and sent them out of Makkah to Shaib-e-Abi Talib where he stayed for about 2-3 years without food and water except when if the caravans were passing by they gave them some provisions. Finally, the boycott was lifted and when he came back to Makkah first his wife Hazrat Bibi Khadija (R.A) died and after few months his protector and helper in the course of Islam his beloved uncle Abu Talib also died in 619 A.D. Now the Prophet (S.A.W) was defenseless and more vulnerable to the opposition and persecution by the Quraish as Abu Lahab became the leader of Quraish. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) thought that now their times to go outside of Makkah to preach Islam as the Quraish were not accepting him. The nearest town was about 60 miles from Makkah and the holy Prophet (S.A.W) walked all the way to the city of Al-Taif. He met with the rulers of Taif which were of Banu Thaqeef. When the holy Prophet preached them, they first laughed and scolded him and then they asked the mean people like teenagers, and the women to drive him out of Taif by throwing stones at him and he bled from head to toe and had to come back to Makkah. All these measures of opposition and persecution were taken by the Quraish were solely aimed at harming the growth of Islam, and his success as a Prophet of Allah Al-Mighty.

Reaction score
i) Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) Undoubtedly our Holy Prophet (S.A.W) who faced such circumstances like oppossition and persecution by the unbeliever. When the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was ordered by Allah to preach openly, as the Holy Quran Say’s “therefore, declare openly to them, what you are commanded and turned away from the pagans “(15:94). The Holy Muhammad (S.A.W) went to Mount Safa and called on to the people of Quraish and warned them by giving the message of Allah his uncle Abu Lahb and his wife Umme Jameel scolded the Prophet (S.A.W) and all of the Quraish rejected the preaching of Muhammad (S.A.W).
Abu Lahb’s Wife Umme Jameel used to throw thorny bushes and thorn on the path of Holy Muhammad (S.A.W). The Quraish, who ones respected and adored him, now turned his bitterest enemies. An old women regular threw filth and garbage on the face of Holy Muhammad (S.A.W) whenever he was busy in prayer , the Quraishites driven by insane ambitions , they even pelted stones at him and severed him with several abuses whenever he use to pass by. Once when the Holy Muhammad (S.A.W) was preaching in Ukaz Fair, Abu Lahb came from behind and shouted “O people of Quraish! He is my nephew, don’t listen to him he is a poet, insane, soothsayer and a magician, stay away from him” (Ibn-Hisham Seerah 1/287).
Once the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was praying a man by the name Uqbah- Bin- Muait came from behind and strangled him Abu Bakr (R.A) was nearby He came and released from the grip of Uqba-Bin-Muait and the people of Quraish started beating Hazrat Abu Bakr (R.A) so much that his own clan people took him to his house. Abu Jahl once said to his friends that he would split the head of Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) by throwing a stone when he would offer prayer. On the following morning he approached with a stone in his hand he suddenly stopped and terrified, and he rushed back to his friends swearing that he had seen a huge camel stallion who appeared to attack and eat him. Pagens used all their tactics to dissuade Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) from spreading the message of Islam. They even tried to bribe him by giving temptation to his uncle Abu Talib that If Muhammad (S.A.W) wanted to be king of Quraish they will make him; if he wanted the wealth we will make him the richest man in Mecca, if he wanted to marry the most beautiful girl in Arab we will give her to Muhammad (S.A.W). The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in response said to his uncle that they cannot stop me preaching Islam by simply given these temptations then the Quraish again came to his uncle and this time they threatened Abu Talib that if he didn’t stop Muhhammad (S.A.W) from preaching new faith they will hurt Muhammad (S.A.W) Abu Talib said to Muhammad (S.A.W) “O my brother’s son if u didn’t stop I am afraid that they will hurt you” the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) emotionally replied “O uncle if you put the sun in my right hand the moon in my left hand I will not stop preaching the message until Allah takes my life”(Sahih Al-Bukhari) .
When all the tactics and strategies of the Quraish failed, they went on for socio-economic boycott against Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and his clan Banu Hasim along with his followers and sent them out of Makkah to Shaib-e-Abi Talib where he stayed for about 2-3 years without food and water except when if the caravans were passing by they gave them some provisions. Finally, the boycott was lifted and when he came back to Makkah first his wife Hazrat Bibi Khadija (R.A) died and after few months his protector and helper in the course of Islam his beloved uncle Abu Talib also died in 619 A.D. Now the Prophet (S.A.W) was defenseless and more vulnerable to the opposition and persecution by the Quraish as Abu Lahab became the leader of Quraish. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) thought that now their times to go outside of Makkah to preach Islam as the Quraish were not accepting him. The nearest town was about 60 miles from Makkah and the holy Prophet (S.A.W) walked all the way to the city of Al-Taif. He met with the rulers of Taif which were of Banu Thaqeef. When the holy Prophet preached them, they first laughed and scolded him and then they asked the mean people like teenagers, and the women to drive him out of Taif by throwing stones at him and he bled from head to toe and had to come back to Makkah. All these measures of opposition and persecution were taken by the Quraish were solely aimed at harming the growth of Islam, and his success as a Prophet of Allah Al-Mighty.
(ii) Prophets’s Followers Whenever the Quraish heard the conversion of a man of high birth the powerful friends he would degrade his prudent and intellects, undermine his judgment; and threatened him with dire consequences if he was a merchant. If the new converts was socially weak without any back of clan they would beat them ruthlessly and put them to unspeakable tortures [Ibn-e Hisham vol.1 page 320]. Like Hazrat Bilal bin Rabbah (R.A) an African slave from Abasiniya accepted Islam. His master Ummaya bin Khalf make him lie on scorching sand with heavy boulder on his chest, and than he was dragged until his back was totally injured. Sometimes Ummaya bin Khalf put the rope around the neck of Hazrat Bilal (R.A) and gave the rope to small kids and they used to drag him on the streets of Makkah.
Hazrat Khaba bin Al-Arat (R.A) who was a blacksmith, the Quraish forced hazrat Al- Arat (R.A) to lay on the hot baking wood which made his back so harden like a dead sheep . Another victim of high handedness of Quraish was Ammar bin Yasir (R.A) a freed slave of Bani Makhzoom. He, along with his mother and father accepted Islam was repeatedly made to lie on the burning sand. Hazrat Ammar (R.A) was at time tossed up on embers. Yasir (R.A) he was torn into two parts and he became the first martyr in Islam. Hazrat Bibi Sumaiyah (R.A) Ammar’s mother was slain when Abu Jahl pierced a spear into her private part and she became the also became the first martyr of Islam and first female martyr of Islam. Hazrat Ammar (R.A) himself was subjected to various modes of torture like lashing him, suffocating him with rope around his neck and personal physical hand used torture.
Abu Faki-Aflah a freed slave of Bani Abd Dar. The oppressors used to fasten his feet with the rope and drag him in the streets of Makkah. Some poor Muslims ,inrank and position were wrapped in the raw skins of camel and throw them away and others were put in armors and cast on burning sand in the scorching sand of Arabia. Even the women converts were not shown mercy and the list is too long to include all of them but to mention here specially are hazrat Bibi Zinrah un-Nahdiyah and her daughter Umm Ubais (R.A) they were tortured by the quraish to such an extended that they were blinded. The rich companions were also subjected to persecution like Abu Bakr (R.A) was scolded by Quraisites and even on one occasion when he was protecting holy Prophet (S.A.W) he was beaten to such an extent that he was taken to his home by his own people. Hazrat Usman (R.A) was handcuffed and trapped in the room without food for many days. Hazrat Zubair (R.A) was folded in burning mattress by his uncle to suffocate him.
The Quraish even took the livelihoods of all the poor who were persecuted. This persecution of the companions of the Prophet (S.A.W) was very hard on him so he gave permission to these companions to migrate to Abasiniya for their protection by the king of Abasiniya Najashi who was a just king. The first migrants were 15 people and the second batch because of this persecution consisted of more than 100 people. The companions of the holy Prophet (S.A.W), who were tortured, killed, and their livelihoods were taken and even many went to migration. Through all this torture and weariness the companions of holy Prophet (S.A.W) stood fast on their grounds along with holy Prophet (S.A.W) supported him side by side and never accepted ever again the idol worshipping and they patiently adore all the persecution.

Reaction score
thnx 4 remembering me Fatimah , n I got some notes for u relating to quranic chps , u wanna gt thm , how cn u gt thm , sister
And u both will if ur working and studying smartly, Allah will give you the reward....... n remember do ur best n leave the rest up to Allah.

Reaction score

actually this ans is written by HAMZA MAHMOOD NOT U.......AT LEAST GIVE CREDIT TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT LIKE MENTIONING HIS NAME.....THIS IS AN ACT OF HONOUR DEAR.....

Reaction score
for 10 marks at least 350 to 700 (knowledgeable answer) n for 4 marks 70 to 120 (knowledgeable answer) will give you excellent marks..... minimum one reference with its number like this....“There is no other guardian of the creation in the heavens and the earth, and He does not associate anyone with Himself in His authority."(18:26) actually the number is reference rest is text..so put the numbers after ur text....coz verses are repeated in the Holy Quran like prayer about 40 verses so if u quote a verse than u have to put the number as well n examiners loves to give extra marks for this....... maximum references 3. Here is an example of my tafseer( main them) of surrah Fussilat:.......
This verse is an earlymakkan sura,itdescribesthetheme of God in Himself.Itmentionssomeofthesignsand phenomenaofnaturethatreflectGod’sunityand majesty. Itrefersto thecyclesofdayand nightas evidenceofdivinity.TheQuran supportsitelsewhereas:“behold!Inthe creation oftheheavensand earth;inthealternationofthenightand theday….aresignsforthepeople whoare wise’’(2:164). Thepassagecommandsusto worshiptheCreatorofthesun and moon and not thecreationsthemselvesbecausetheCreatorisalwayssuperior tothecreations “Who is the Creator of all? “……but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of his creatures”. (3:97)
but it is really difficult to remember the reference numbers

Reaction score
and what will be number of references in long question s i.e. 10 marks n 4 marks qstions

Reaction score
and what will be number of references in long question s i.e. 10 marks n 4 marks qstions
dear Sofia, for essay length questions of 10 marks at least 6 to 8 and for 4 marks questions 2 are enough to get excellent marks in both 10 and 4 mark questions......one thing do remember for 10 marks references depend upon the type of question....

Reaction score
thats is why according to cie syllabus student must also know a bit of Arabic........ just memorize them by writing again and again until u have memorized
I DO KNOW SME ARABIC BT im a bit confused like
we must write down quranic n hadith quotations and for extra marks for the number of quotation rite

Reaction score
I DO KNOW SME ARABIC BT im a bit confused like
we must write down quranic n hadith quotations and for extra marks for the number of quotation rite
yes dear! let me share how we give marks:
FOR 10 MARKS THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM STUDENTS

MARKS AND
LEVEL DESCRIPTOR

8 TO 10: VeryGood/Excellent.Athorough,well-developedand substantialresponse.Demonstratesextensive,relevantand highlyaccurateknowledgeofthesubjectinconsiderable detailandwithevident expertise.Likelytoquote Qur’an versesandHadiths tosupport andillustratepointsmade. Comprehensiveandthoughtful.

Reaction score
sir is there something like we would be givn limited number of sheets as I have seen in the specimen papers