• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat paper 2

Reaction score
Guys, need help on this certain question.. will be glad if u can help me out here.. just give a brief outline ..

a) Describe the methods employed by the compilers of the major books of Hadith to ensure the
Hadiths they collected were authentic.

What do we have to write in this? i knw some methods.. not all :cry:

Reaction score
you could write about authenticating the hadith through the matn and sanad tests. these are given in detail in farkhanda noor Muhammad book

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Easy yar!!

1. they examined the isnad closely+ Explain it
2. They would look for a hadith that had been reported by many different companions
3. They laid a criterion that the transmitter must be truthful, firm of faith, have good memory etc + sum other details
4. They compared the matn with other sources like Quran or PErsonal Opinion.
5. They'd check that the hadith must not be contrary to the teachings of Quran
6. the hadith must not be contrary to a hadith already accepted as authentic
7. The hadith must not go against common sense.
8. It shud not praise a particular person
9. It shud not praise a particular community
10. Must not give precise details of the events occurred after Prophet's demise!!
etc etc
Hope everything is cleared now!!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
U don't need to be too complicated. Do not visit WIKIPEDIA for this. Just get the Idea of how the compilers checked the AUTHENTICITY of the ahadith.
And elaborate the POINTS I GAVE u...
U will get Guaranteed full marks in this question. + write at least one Quotation.

Reaction score
thanks alot nibz.. i knew it all along . but u reminded me .. phew... :) .. Grate ful to all of u ..
Under exam tension i forgot -_- Ty!!! :)

Reaction score
Darkness said:
thanks alot nibz.. i knew it all along . but u reminded me .. phew... :) .. Grate ful to all of u ..
Under exam tension i forgot -_- Ty!!! :)

So U hadn't any written copy of it?

Reaction score
and what about this question..
What are the teachings of ahdis about communal life ?
similarly.
What are the teachings of ahdis about individual life ?

Reaction score
About the Ahadith regarding a certain topic write the teachings of Ahadith of that topic. Some of these are part of our syllabus, and others can be found in the books of Islamiyat. It is not possible to quote all the Ahadith, so quote 3-5, and briefly explain as many as you can, just bear in mind that they should be related to the topic. Hope it helps.

Reaction score
But nibz how can we give a quotation in this type of question????????? Do you have any in mind regarding these ???

Reaction score
And do we have to learn the battles in khalifas fully or just their names so we could write a page on whole of em ?

Reaction score
its simple brains !!! jus go through islamiat books or take out yourself the hadis realting to community and individual conduct etc :D

Reaction score
Guys do not use Farkhanda Noor it is not a really good book, Yasmin malik old edition is the best and with it use David Thomas.
A ah jaye gha .... dnt worry :p

Reaction score
Darkness
here we have to write about isnad and matn.......
The Sanad (chain) of narrators was carefully studied. Each and every narrator was observed closely and his character investigated into. His faith, memory , knowledge of the Quran and Arabic language and character had to be of the highest degree for the Muhaddith to accept his statement. Moreover, the chain was required to be complete and uninterrupted. Each narrator was required to be known to the preceding and the succeeding narrator. Otherwise the chain would be disapproved and also the Hadith would be barred from being authentic. For this purpose another branch of Islamic Law was developed known as Asma Al Rijal (science of men) which comprised detailed investigations of the biographies of the narrators.

The text of the Hadith is called the Matn. It must be examined carefully. Each and every word must be scrutinized. The actual text of the Hadith has to conform to the Holy Quran and the already verified Ahadith. Also it must be in the style and manner of the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) as well as the literary style of the Arabs of that time. This refers to the tongue spoken by the Messenger of Allah. It should not have any modern words that didn't exist at the time of the Messenger of Allah. There should not be any vulgar or odd language that the Messenger of Allah cannot be expected to use. It should not differ with established laws of nature. If it clashed with any one of these, the hadith could not be included in any authentic book.

This we have to write in isnad and matn. And this is 100% authentic answer.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah!!! If u wanna get Level 4 marks.
At least in one part- "a" or "b".