• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I've messed up

Reaction score
Hello I'm an O level student from Pakistan. I think I messed up and it might ruin my life. Just so you know that, I used to be a straight A student but now everything has gone wrong. Let's start from how I wanted to join O level. My father was completely against it and realized he couldn't afford my studies. When he said that I wasn't upset and I also respected him for saying that. But a year later when my father got a huge promotion, he wanted to force me into O level. I said sure because this was the opportunity I promised myself a year ago. Before applying for the admission I told my parents that I want to waste a year of my life so I could start O level from square one. But my parents didn't like the idea of that and declined it. So here I was 2nd year of O level, completely behind everyone and had to cover the last year work which was impossible because it was alot to cover. After a month, lockdown started for a year which made it even more worse because I didn't study because I didn't know what to do. I was lost and broken and had no one that could help me. Right now I'm sitting at the last year of O level (still at square one) depressed, and having suicidal thoughts.

Sorry for the grammar I was in a hurry

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that. and all I can say is I am with you. I was also forced into olevel and I am also in my last year, I feel like a loser because the only thing I am good at is English. I am a straight As student in English but lagging behind in everything. I feel worse because my parents refuse to let me take tuitions and I have to do everything myself. and all I can tell you is to trust yourself and do whatever you want. there is nothing more important than your life. do your best and leave the rest. don't force yourself. think of it as a level up each time you study and actually understand something

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that. and all I can say is I am with you. I was also forced into olevel and I am also in my last year, I feel like a loser because the only thing I am good at is English. I am a straight As student in English but lagging behind in everything. I feel worse because my parents refuse to let me take tuitions and I have to do everything myself. and all I can tell you is to trust yourself and do whatever you want. there is nothing more important than your life. do your best and leave the rest. don't force yourself. think of it as a level up each time you study and actually understand something
please don't feel worse if your parents don't let you take tuitions ......tuitions, academies these all just to tire you up (unless your school is not helping a lot) please try to study on your own ,make your notes , watch YouTube videos to learn more and the greatest thing needed is motivation ...don't let yourself down.
Solve past papers and if you are not able to don't go searching for the answers on the marking scheme. Study the topics again and solve the questions you were not able to again and again. Try working very hard to answer yourself correctly. This technique will help a lot ( or it helped me a lot) . Even if you do 10 past papers like this you will be able to appear in Cambridge exams confidently.
Best of Luck.

Reaction score
Honestly, I feel u all
I may have not gone thru what u all have but I know its not the end
square one is better than not standing in any square
if u want to make urself proud ... time to step to square two.

YOUR CONDITION IS NOT YOUR CONCLUSION

u wanna make progress??
first thing is to know urself ... how do u remember things well
by seeing them, hearing them, or understanding them
watch videos on Youtube and see everything
science subjects are all on youtube
use z notes to be ur revision notes
read the book before u learn about it
see questions
how questions are asked what they demand
then learn
most questions are repeated in past papers