• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

KGS Registration?

Reaction score
I was thinking of applying for KGS once I'm done with my O' levels in June 2013. Currently a BSS student.
Now from what I've heard, the requirements to get into KGS are 9+ A/A*s, with 7A*s in the last session before admission and another 2A/A*s in the session before that. Is this true? If not, what are the exact requirements and what is the entry procedure?
Secondly, here's my confusion. The results of May/June 2013 (giving 11 subjects in it) don't come out until August. So how do I register with KGS if I only have my A*s from 2012's June and November (2 and 5 subjects respectively)? Does the admission into KGS take place after August or is there some other procedure involved?
Need your help ASAP.

Reaction score
Don't know their current admission process but back in 2010 they used to give the admission form two days before result date and we were required to submit the same (if requirements stated were met) the day after results were published.

P.S: The requirements you mentioned above are exaggerated.

Reaction score
Don't know their current admission process but back in 2010 they used to give the admission form two days before result date and we were required to submit the same (if requirements stated were met) the day after results were published.

P.S: The requirements you mentioned above are exaggerated.
Then what are the authentic requirements? o_O
And I really hope it's the admission form thingy :x I really wanna get into KGS.

Reaction score
Hey!! I dont know the current process but when i applied last year u needed 9 A fr getting the Admission form frm KGS office that is given 2 days before result!! And I think they require 7 of the 9 A`s to be obtaines in one sitting i.e. in one session!!

Reaction score
Here are the exact details:-
The application form will be given out two days after the result.When I applied last year the requirements to get the application form was 7As in a sitting and overall total 9(As and Bs).After getting the application form fill it out and give it to them.Your chances of getting in will only be confirmed if u have an A* in the 4 subjects u have chosen e.g. if u choose Business Studies,Economics,Maths and Accounts u will only get in if u have an A* in all of them.If u need any more info just pm me or post here.I will update u with the exact dates as soon as i get them.

Reaction score
The application form will be given out two days after the result.When I applied last year the requirements to get the application form was 7As in a sitting and overall total 9(As and Bs).After getting the application form fill it out and give it to them.Your chances of getting in will only be confirmed if u have an A* in the 4 subjects u have chosen e.g. if u choose Business Studies,Economics,Maths and Accounts u will only get in if u have an A* in all of them.If u need any more info just pm me or post here.I will update u with the exact dates as soon as i get them.
Okay...Spoiler Alert...I'm about to type a very long message :p
I'm at BSS. Studying Bio, Chem, Physics, Add Maths along with all the 5 compulsory subjects (English Language, Urdu A, Maths, Islamiyat and Pak studies). I just gave Pak Studies and Islamiyat in May 2012, expecting a double A* by August.
In November I'm giving Stats, Urdu B, Islamic Religion and Culture (I may have messed up Islamiyat), World History and maybe Commerce.
In June 2013, English Language, Urdu A, Maths, Add Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics, Eco, Business, Sociology and EM. (Yes yes, i know :p But trust me, it's going very good so far).
Now the problem is that I wanna go for Computer Studies in A levels. Bio has driven me crazy over the last 2 years, and while I might consider Psychology, Bio is out of the question. You're saying that I need an A* in all the subjects I choose to study in my A levels if I want to study at KGS. :/ I can't do Computers. Too little time now. And Computer Studies in A levels is not open to private candidates, as far as I know. Will I still be able to study computer studies at KGS or will they reject my application, even if I have 13+ A*s?
And thanks a bunch for the info about the forms. It was really helpful :)

Reaction score
What the hell.....20 freaking subjects....Take it easy,dude....You dont have to be a world record holder to get into KGS......:p
Yeah alright i get your problem.....And i think you will get it because Computing is not a popular subject and very few people take it.We just have 11 students presently.So the kgs administration will be glad to give you Computing if u tell them ur story.But if during the interview they say that we cant give u computing then immediately tell them to give u bio instead i.e if u have a A* in it....However i dont think that will happen.......Just concentrate on Phy,Chem,Math and AddMath because if u dont have an A* in any of them then u can say bye bye to your hopes of getting into kgs........Best of luck dude....(y)

Reaction score
What the hell.....20 freaking subjects....Take it easy,dude....You dont have to be a world record holder to get into KGS......:p
Yeah alright i get your problem.....And i think you will get it because Computing is not a popular subject and very few people take it.We just have 11 students presently.So the kgs administration will be glad to give you Computing if u tell them ur story.But if during the interview they say that we cant give u computing then immediately tell them to give u bio instead i.e if u have a A* in it....However i dont think that will happen.......Just concentrate on Phy,Chem,Math and AddMath because if u dont have an A* in any of them then u can say bye bye to your hopes of getting into kgs........Best of luck dude....(y)
Haha :D It's not so much of a world record thing. I'm not really the competitive type. Thing is that I really don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do when I grow up. Hence my obsession with covering all fields.
Add Maths and Maths are like a walk in the park for me :p I'm already completing integration and moving onto vectors. Chem is a little tricky, but I inherit that from my dad so :p not my fault. Physics is almost as easy for Maths and Add Maths...inherit THAT from my dad too xD
I know Computer Studies for O level is available for private candidates. The thing is that I don't have time to do computer studies now. :/ What should I do?

Reaction score
Okay...Spoiler Alert...I'm about to type a very long message :p
I'm at BSS. Studying Bio, Chem, Physics, Add Maths along with all the 5 compulsory subjects (English Language, Urdu A, Maths, Islamiyat and Pak studies). I just gave Pak Studies and Islamiyat in May 2012, expecting a double A* by August.
In November I'm giving Stats, Urdu B, Islamic Religion and Culture (I may have messed up Islamiyat), World History and maybe Commerce.
In June 2013, English Language, Urdu A, Maths, Add Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics, Eco, Business, Sociology and EM. (Yes yes, i know :p But trust me, it's going very good so far).
Now the problem is that I wanna go for Computer Studies in A levels. Bio has driven me crazy over the last 2 years, and while I might consider Psychology, Bio is out of the question. You're saying that I need an A* in all the subjects I choose to study in my A levels if I want to study at KGS. :/ I can't do Computers. Too little time now. And Computer Studies in A levels is not open to private candidates, as far as I know. Will I still be able to study computer studies at KGS or will they reject my application, even if I have 13+ A*s?
And thanks a bunch for the info about the forms. It was really helpful :)

Don't want to be a spoilsport here but if you are in no mood to break some world record don't (I repeat don't give more than 13 subjects) because the subject combination you stated is not worthy to be taken since the course work of different subjects are overlapping for e.g urdu A and Urdu B (its like saying to your college admission officer" I have an A* in A level further mathematics and then saying that i passed my 8 th grade school mathematics exam"). Seriously universities would be literally baffled by your stupidity and they take it against in you when evaluating your university application (because they think that the person lacks focus or passion for their degree and would likely give up too early if faced with workload!

Now I know you are full of energy at this point in time and would outright reject my so called theory. But I am advising you with a first hand experience and in good faith.

If you are confused between sciences and commerce take the following subjects combination:
1. Mathematics
2. Add.Mathematics
3. Chemistry
4.Biology
5. Physics
6.Accounting
7.Economics
8.Pakistan studies
9.Islamiat.
10. Urdu A
11.Computing.
12. Statistics (extra elective appear in nov 2012)
13. business studies or commerce (extra elective appear in nov 2012)
14. English

Keeping this combination would atleast help you to explain universities why took extra-electives (i.e confusion between furture profession). However, your previously mentioned combination was in no way explainable. Had it been some world record breaking strategy I would have not commented but since its otherwise you would surely end up in trouble with those subjects.
Bring A*s in all the subjects i mentioned and maybe you would get a scholarship from Ivy leagues or Oxbridge!
Best of luck ! :)

P.S: Chose your A level school wisely ! :p

Reaction score
Don't want to be a spoilsport here but if you are in no mood to break some world record don't (I repeat don't give more than 13 subjects) because the subject combination you stated is not worthy to be taken since the course work of different subjects are overlapping for e.g urdu A and Urdu B (its like saying to your college admission officer" I have an A* in A level further mathematics and then saying that i passed my 8 th grade school mathematics exam"). Seriously universities would be literally baffled by your stupidity and they take it against in you when evaluating your university application (because they think that the person lacks focus or passion for their degree and would likely give up too early if faced with workload!

Now I know you are full of energy at this point in time and would outright reject my so called theory. But I am advising you with a first hand experience and in good faith.

If you are confused between sciences and commerce take the following subjects combination:
1. Mathematics
2. Add.Mathematics
3. Chemistry
4.Biology
5. Physics
6.Accounting
7.Economics
8.Pakistan studies
9.Islamiat.
10. Urdu A
11.Computing.
12. Statistics (extra elective appear in nov 2012)
13. business studies or commerce (extra elective appear in nov 2012)
14. English

Keeping this combination would atleast help you to explain universities why took extra-electives (i.e confusion between furture profession). However, the your previous mentioned combination was in no way explainable. Had it been some work record breaking strategy I would have not commented but since its otherwise you would surely end up in trouble with those subjects.
Bring A*s in all the subjects i mentioned and maybe you would get a scholarship from Ivy leagues or Oxbridge!
Best of luck ! :)

P.S: Chose your A level school wisely ! :p
Oka, first things first.
Thank you for taking the time to give such positive criticism :eek: No sarcasm here. Seriously. You're one of the few people who have actually convinced me with their arguments :p
I was thinking about dropping Urdu B too. It's way too easy, and from what I've heard, carries no worth for a Pakistani student. So yes, I have to agree with you there. Good use of the Further M and 8th grade analogy :p I see what you did there.
Appearing for Commerce and Stats this November. With World History (I really like this subject. But it wasn't worth 3 years of study. More like 3 months :p). And Islamic Religion and Culture is there because I may have messed up Islamiyat (refer to my posts above :p) and a retest would be downright shameful. I'm actually done with Islamic Religion and Culture, so I'm not planning on dropping it now. Can't give Accounts or Computing...dearth of time. I tried Accounting for a year or so. But it was too confusing.
Conclusively, thanks a million. Will start working on stats and commerce ultra-fast now. Just one little question...you don't think I should go for KGS?

Reaction score
Does KGS accept an A in Statistics and private subjects given in Oct/Nov session?

Reaction score
Oka, first things first.
Thank you for taking the time to give such positive criticism :eek: No sarcasm here. Seriously. You're one of the few people who have actually convinced me with their arguments :p
I was thinking about dropping Urdu B too. It's way too easy, and from what I've heard, carries no worth for a Pakistani student. So yes, I have to agree with you there. Good use of the Further M and 8th grade analogy :p I see what you did there.
Appearing for Commerce and Stats this November. With World History (I really like this subject. But it wasn't worth 3 years of study. More like 3 months :p). And Islamic Religion and Culture is there because I may have messed up Islamiyat (refer to my posts above :p) and a retest would be downright shameful. I'm actually done with Islamic Religion and Culture, so I'm not planning on dropping it now. Can't give Accounts or Computing...dearth of time. I tried Accounting for a year or so. But it was too confusing.
Conclusively, thanks a million. Will start working on stats and commerce ultra-fast now. Just one little question...you don't think I should go for KGS?

Well, good to see that you took my comment seriously which shows that you have the maturity to take your own decsions. Retakes aren't embarrasing and tell you what, if you score an A rather than an A* in some subject don't retake it or (some similar subject) it would be a waste of time, honestly ! And with your answer to Islamyat and religion and culture I have sort of understood what your problem is..... and the problem is that you are focusing on quantity rather than quality(there you go a bitter truth) but even that is okay if you are not disturbing the quality of subjects but you my friend!
You see, top notch universities DO like to see massive number of As in O level and A level but their significance in actual university process is limited. For e.g they would prefer to see straight A*s rather than a profile with As (be it in more subjects). Thing is, whats done is done but going forward try to focus on quality and not quantity and there is no embarrassment in making mistakes as long as you learn from them! then how the hell is rectifying a mistake embarrasing ( read: retake).

P.S: Ignore any spelling, typo or grammar mistakes in my post! I don't re-read them :D

Reaction score
Well, good to see that you took my comment seriously which shows that you have the maturity to take your own decsions. Retakes aren't embarrasing and tell you what, if you score an A rather than an A* in some subject don't retake it or (some similar subject) it would be a waste of time, honestly ! And with your answer to Islamyat and religion and culture I have sort of understood what your problem is..... and the problem is that you are focusing on quantity rather than quality(there you go a bitter truth) but even that is okay if you are not disturbing the quality of subjects but you my friend!
You see, top notch universities DO like to see massive number of As in O level and A level but their significance in actual university process is limited. For e.g they would prefer to see straight A*s rather than a profile with As (be it in more subjects). Thing is, whats done is done but going forward try to focus on quality and not quantity and there is no embarrassment in making mistakes as long as you learn from them! then how the hell is rectifying a mistake embarrasing ( read: retake).

P.S: Ignore any spelling, typo or grammar mistakes in my post! I don't re-read them :D
Dude... :_: It's not so much as quantity > quality. Its just that prior to Paper 2 I had an unfortunate turn of event.s. My phone (SGS2 :( It was a big deal back then) broke. And my Mom went all hulk on me :p And I might, and that's a BIG might, have blown the second paper. Paper 1 was top notch. Don't get me wrong, I was a boss at Islamiyat. But since i seriously don't wanna take a retake (its bruises my ego too much :p Jk), I figured I might as well get an extra A*.
And as far as the extra's are concerned, the idea of more As as opposed to A* isn't very likely. I have been preparing the bigger extras (Business, Eco) along with my school subjects. I have worked hard and I'm gonna get those A*s :D
Btw...in your first post, you said that the requirements for KGS I gave were exaggerated. Do you know the genuine requirements?

Reaction score
Haha :D It's not so much of a world record thing. I'm not really the competitive type. Thing is that I really don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do when I grow up. Hence my obsession with covering all fields.
Add Maths and Maths are like a walk in the park for me :p I'm already completing integration and moving onto vectors. Chem is a little tricky, but I inherit that from my dad so :p not my fault. Physics is almost as easy for Maths and Add Maths...inherit THAT from my dad too xD
I know Computer Studies for O level is available for private candidates. The thing is that I don't have time to do computer studies now. :/ What should I do?

Hey , no offense but
You freak me out . !!!!
I mean i've heard 14 to 16 A's but 20 ? Damn. I am feeling useless now .

Reaction score

THANKS for the info mate .. :):) Appreciate your help and concern :)

Reaction score
Hey , no offense but
You freak me out . !!!!
I mean i've heard 14 to 16 A's but 20 ? Damn. I am feeling useless now .
Don't worry :p I probably won't give them, now that I've gone through this thread. It helped clear up a lot of things, the foremost being that a large number of subjects is good, but only when I really care about them.
Plus I've figured out what I'm gonna do with my life later on, and quite frankly, there seems to be no point in 20 subjects anymore. So chill :D We're on the same page.
What subjects you gonna appear for and when? How was the result?

Reaction score
Don't worry :p I probably won't give them, now that I've gone through this thread. It helped clear up a lot of things, the foremost being that a large number of subjects is good, but only when I really care about them.
Plus I've figured out what I'm gonna do with my life later on, and quite frankly, there seems to be no point in 20 subjects anymore. So chill :D We're on the same page.
What subjects you gonna appear for and when? How was the result?

Good to hear that :D
I aim to get atleast more than 10 subjcts. I've already got A*(sociology) and 3 A's (complusory). I'm an engineering student so add maths is not optional, it's compulsory to me :p
Which means i'll b giving 6 papers plus maybe commerce or anyother paper (Insha Allah) to make it a total of 7 in the second session as workaholic just said KGS demands 7 papers least in a single session .

Reaction score
I have my A*s in Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat. Just got them on 13th.
Done with Statistics, and currently working on World History for November this year.
Then I plan to give English Language, English Literature (halfway through for this one), Maths, Add Maths, Urdu A, Bio, Chem, Physics, Economics and maybe Business/Socio/Environmental Management (gonna decide on this after November papers are done.). So yeah, I have alot to do. I tried doing commerce but I figured I couldn't do it by November, and the school doesn't offer it as a subject so I can't give it in May 2013 either (too much of a hassle registering as a private and school candidate simultaneously.)
Best of luck for your subjects though :) And congratulations on the Sociology A* :O

Reaction score
I have my A*s in Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat. Just got them on 13th.
Done with Statistics, and currently working on World History for November this year.
Then I plan to give English Language, English Literature (halfway through for this one), Maths, Add Maths, Urdu A, Bio, Chem, Physics, Economics and maybe Business/Socio/Environmental Management (gonna decide on this after November papers are done.). So yeah, I have alot to do. I tried doing commerce but I figured I couldn't do it by November, and the school doesn't offer it as a subject so I can't give it in May 2013 either (too much of a hassle registering as a private and school candidate simultaneously.)
Best of luck for your subjects though :) And congratulations on the Sociology A* :O

Thanks !!
And congratz to you too !! Hope we'll meet in KGS someday Insha Allah ! :) :)