• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Know everything about the subject and still not getting an A?

Reaction score
Since the May/June exams are approaching everyone is busy studying and I recently encountered some students who have good concept of the topics but still can't score good enough. One thing I've noticed in the British Education System is that if you learn the technique to solve the papers, you can score more, usually a grade better than your current grade. What do I mean by the technique to solve it?
Well the thing is that A Level examiners require you to present your answer in a good form, and they include marks for that in the question. For example when making graphs, 3/4 of the graph paper should be used and if you just make the graph in half of it, you will lose marks. Similarly there are many patterns and techniques to answer such questions.
Now I can't explain all of them here but what I can advice you would be to:
  1. Do a quick revision of your subject syllabus.
  2. Take a paper and solve it.
  3. Take the marking scheme now.
  4. Read a question from the paper, understand it and then read the marking scheme for its answer.
  5. With the help of the marking scheme, write an answer as good as possible.
  6. now compare this answer from the one you wrote yourself in step 2.
  7. If you want write down the important things you learn in every answer.
Solve a few years like this, I know it takes time but trust me its worth it.

P.S. This works for almost any subject and any paper including the practical papers.

Post a comment about how this method worked for you. I'm open to any kind of criticism.
***Good luck to everyone who's attending exams in this May/June session***

Reaction score
Thanks for the techniques.. I am going to try this. Am sure it will help! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I know the title is wrong...anyone knows how to edit it?
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

JazakAllah for the tips...
and yup I can change the title, what do you want to change it to? (If it's not already changed:D)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

JazakAllah for the tips...
and yup I can change the title, what do you want to change it to? (If it's not already changed:D)
At the end of the title, "...still not getting AND...", change the AND to AN, but in lower-case.

this should be the new one.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
At the end of the title, "...still not getting AND...", change the AND to AN, but in lower-case.

this should be the new one.
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!
oh...i didnt notice that :D
changed...