• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

laptop or tablet?

Which is better for a university student?

• Laptop

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Tablet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello guys
I need some advice on choosing between a laptop and tablet.

Is a tablet worthwhile for a university student? i mean is it powerful enough to carry stuffs like assignments/dissertations/thesis?

Also, can someone explain me about the Ice cream sandwich operating system? like brief me on this.

Also how powerful is 1GHz processors, i mean in terms of is it equivalent to a Personal Computer?

I shall be grateful for your help.

Reaction score
Well I think that you should go ahead and choose the laptop because it can store all your word documents as well as presentations and if you try to save your work with a tablet it may be difficult because its a touch screen and it may take a long time to type your word document on a tablet because the keyboard is congested and we all often make silly spelling mistakes as well. So I think that you should go on with a laptop :)

Google's latest Android Operating System code named Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) or Android 4.0. It represents a giant leap in usability for this popular operating system. Ice Cream Sandwich has a redefined interface that has been cleaned up considerably and is much more intuitive. New features in ICS include resizable widgets, facial recognition, updated lock screen action, multitasking, and much more.
Maybe this will help you : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androi...934.0.2_Ice_Cream_Sandwich_.28API_level_14.29

-Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Well I think that you should go ahead and choose the laptop because it can store all your word documents as well as presentations and if you try to save your work with a tablet it may be difficult because its a touch screen and it may take a long time to type your word document on a tablet because the keyboard is congested and we all often make silly spelling mistakes as well. So I think that you should go on with a laptop :)

Google's latest Android Operating System code named Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) or Android 4.0. It represents a giant leap in usability for this popular operating system. Ice Cream Sandwich has a redefined interface that has been cleaned up considerably and is much more intuitive. New features in ICS include resizable widgets, facial recognition, updated lock screen action, multitasking, and much more.
Maybe this will help you : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androi...934.0.2_Ice_Cream_Sandwich_.28API_level_14.29

-Hope this helps :)
and thank you sooo very much.
There's a tablet with a keyboard (hardware) option. what about that? and what about its performance compared to a laptop?

Reaction score
I would say the best option is convertible laptops which can become tablets too! However personally Android doesnt offer the same flexibility as a windows OS. So try getting windows 8.

Google's latest Android Operating System code named Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) or Android 4.0. It represents a giant leap in usability for this popular operating system. Ice Cream Sandwich has a redefined interface that has been cleaned up

Actually the latest is 4.2.2 code name Jelly bean.

Hope this helps cause I really cared too much and wasted my 3 minutes and 2 cents!

Reaction score
I would say the best option is convertible laptops which can become tablets too! However personally Android doesnt offer the same flexibility as a windows OS. So try getting windows 8.

Actually the latest is 4.2.2 code name Jelly bean.

Hope this helps cause I really cared too much and wasted my 3 minutes and 2 cents!
Thank you.

Reaction score
you were not obliged to answer btw. I didn't intend you to waste your precious time and money for a single reply,
Still, i thank you for that.

I believe I wasnt but due to the benefit of doubt I assumed I was . So I helped but I realised it didnt benefit me! And I welcomed you before not gonna do that again!

Reaction score
Some people really don't appreciate peoples efforts!
Using Very good or excellent would have been better!
I'm always grateful to ppl who help me, in any way, keep them in my prayers and wish them good.
If you think like that, i can't change your view-point.

Reaction score
I'm always grateful to ppl who help me, in any way, keep them in my prayers and wish them good.
If you think like that, i can't change your view-point.

Cool enough!
But I can guarantee you will never pray for me!
And yes I have different view points than normal people.
I cant kill myself for that!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Some people really don't appreciate peoples efforts!
Using Very good or excellent would have been better!
a bit of friendly advice...
try helping others justfor the sake of it.... to please ur master./creator...
bemerciful to those on earth and the One Who is in heaven will show mercy to you... :)

P.S. keeps you happy if u dnt expect back.. coz then less chance of you being dissapointed by people.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.