• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Last minute preparation on MCQS 9701 and 9702. Discussion here.

Hows the preparation?

• Awesome. (Y)

• Yet not started. :P

• Subtle. :)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hello guys, I thought to make this thread as exams are coming up just around 10 days are left.. So how preparation going?

I am guessing that paper is gonna b easy... :)

So here post the trickiest question u find during solving MCQ with possible solution as well, else we all will try together to solve it.

Good luck for the preparations.

Regards,
TSR! :love:

Reaction score
I dont know.. How??
which paper u took from?
first ques: 1 is definitely wrong coz there's no Cl2 present, just NaCl ... and 3 is definitely correct coz reaction of alkene with Br2 has to give dibromoalkane ... so the answer's got to be C
second: 1st has to be right coz only then reaction will be endothermic ... the enthalpy change of reaction = enthalpy change of atomisation of graphite - that of diamond (and enthalpy change of atomisation is always +ve)
3 also is correct as Diamond has tetrahedral structure so more difficult to break
therefore, answer has to be A

PS: sorry for the late reply.

Reaction score
which paper u took from?
first ques: 1 is definitely wrong coz there's no Cl2 present, just NaCl ... and 3 is definitely correct coz reaction of alkene with Br2 has to give dibromoalkane ... so the answer's got to be C
second: 1st has to be right coz only then reaction will be endothermic ... the enthalpy change of reaction = enthalpy change of atomisation of graphite - that of diamond (and enthalpy change of atomisation is always +ve)
3 also is correct as Diamond has tetrahedral structure so more difficult to break

Thank you I got it.
I took it from XPC tough question sth like that thread. :)

Reaction score
which paper u took from?

Hows preprations? :p

Reaction score

Q3 - Ans: C
The bond length of CsCl appears to be larger than that of NaCl and MgO and the ionic bond is between cations and anions so the ionic radii determines the type of lattice.

Q7 - Ans: A
(5/15*12) + (10/15*6) = 8kPa

Q27 - Ans: A
In addition of conc. H2SO4, esterification occurs. So the -OCH3 group goes off as an alcohol and is replaced by -OH to form the acid. Next, when H2 is added in presence of palladium cat., hydrogenation of all the alkene groups in the acid occurs, so all the double bonds break giving you the structure shown in A.

Q34 - Ans: A
Al options are right as H2SO4 is a stronger acid than ethanoic acid.

Reaction score
Q3 - Ans: C
The bond length of CsCl appears to be larger than that of NaCl and MgO and the ionic bond is between cations and anions so the ionic radii determines the type of lattice.

Q7 - Ans: A
(5/15*12) + (10/15*6) = 8kPa

Q27 - Ans: A
In addition of conc. H2SO4, esterification occurs. So the -OCH3 group goes off as an alcohol and is replaced by -OH to form the acid. Next, when H2 is added in presence of palladium cat., hydrogenation of all the alkene groups in the acid occurs, so all the double bonds break giving you the structure shown in A.

Q34 - Ans: A
Al options are right as H2SO4 is a stronger acid than ethanoic acid.
Q7 n 34 i dnt get it :)
ty