• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Last minute Preparation Tips for [9709] Mechanics (P4/M1)

Will Mechanis be hard this time?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum!
Just few days left for Mechanics, so here are just few tip that might be helpful to you all!
Leave a like if you find them useful... :)

- Do all the 2010-2014 variants.

- Review your chapter notes (if you extract notes by solving past papers in the past of key things you learnt, reviewing them will be the most rewarding).

- Draw a diagram if it is not given to describe the situations, it makes the working a lot easier.

- You must fully understand Lami's theorem, differentiation/Integration in the context of velocity questions, resolving forces along slopes and in planes, pulley problems, conservation of energy.

- Go for questions that you are 100% sure you can solve fully, if a qst is making you think a lot, leave it for a while do the others and leave at least 15 mins to make an attempt to the question you left.

Good Luck! :)

Reaction score
Here are the questions upto 2010 chapter-wise. Best of luck, and post your doubts here so we all can benefit:)
(these are from the link in my signature)

Attachments

• Chapter_1_Forces_and_equilibrium.docx
    582.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Chapter_3_Newton\'s_law_of_motion.docx
    783.2 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
:)

Attachments

• Chapter_2_Kinematics_of_motion_along_a_straight_line.docx
    879.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Chapter_4_Energy,_Work_and_Power.docx
    1 MB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Hey bro thanks for compiling the questions chapter wise
Could you do me a favor and compile notes from 2010 onwards as well just the variant 2
Would be of a great help as I don't have time to do it because I have a chem exam and then mechanics next day

Reaction score
Could you do me a favor and compile notes from 2010 onwards as well just the variant 2
Would be of a great help as I don't have time to do it because I have a chem exam and then mechanics next day
Well actually these topic wise pastpaper questions are taken from here: http://8mundo.forumchitchat.com/post/past-papers-by-topic-paper-4-mechanic-1-6619489?pid=1280310115..
And it'd be great if someone could compile the latest years with the variants. ..

Reaction score
Well actually these topic wise pastpaper questions are taken from here: http://8mundo.forumchitchat.com/post/past-papers-by-topic-paper-4-mechanic-1-6619489?pid=1280310115..
And it'd be great if someone could compile the latest years with the variants. ..

Reaction score

I didnt prepare them. I have bio along with mechanics, same day. Ill see if i get time..

Reaction score
I wonder do you know about the mechanics M1 2015 paper....,
If yes so please tell me.
Rafiqullah

Reaction score
I'm really weak in mechanics and I don't even know some of the basics but any tips for me please?
Most important thing; sketch the situation to imagine it. Reading it only may seem confusing, but sketch and include all the necessary information.
If necessary, for example if two particles are given with different directions, sketch two diagrams, one for each.
Think of any variable you're using in an equation(time with respect to particle Q, or time with respect to particle P, or total distance or is it just the distance AB, etc..)
Do not overthink a question you're stuck at, and lose yourself. Just skip the question and come back to it later.
plus, don't waste your time on the sketch, just a rough one! xD
Best of luck