• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lcat exmptd if SAT is given

Reaction score
I hve heard that for LUMS SSE if u give SAT n score good the entry tst is exempted is it so??????
Nd for enginerring do i hve to give both SAT1 nd 2 or only SAT 2??????????????
Please share any info related to this topic.,.,,

Reaction score
I recently heard that LUMS is perhaps abolishing LCAT. Instead, the entry criteria would be based on one's SAT scores. If anyone could kindly confirm this, it would help. :)

Reaction score
@abcde: I haven't heard such news.

I read on LUMS website that exemption on the basis of SAT is only for foreign students, not local students. All local students must take LCAT/SSE test. For foreign students you require SAT 2 for SSE.

Reaction score
So is there no need to give SAT 1 or 2 if you want to apply at LUMS for engineering?

Reaction score
No, there is no exemption from LCAT or the LUMS SSE test, if you have appeared for SAT. Apparently, your SAT score won't effect your admission in LUMS so there is no need of giving it if your prime aim is LUMS. It was 3-4 years ago, when LUMS required you to give SAT when they didn't have their own entry test.

Reaction score
@Gooners: If you are talking about doing Engineering in USA, then you have to appear for both SAT1 and SAT2. But for NUST, you only require SAT2 and even that is not a compulsion.

Reaction score
Its written in LUMS website that if you have a SAT-1, you are encouraged to submit it officially through college board.