• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

levels in the marking scheme

Reaction score
a stupid question but i really don't get it...
are the levels in the marking scheme kinda paragraphs..?

Reaction score
As far as I know, level marking is employed in Islamiat and PakStudies but I'm not sure about the other subjects. Basically, there are different levels for an answer and you are marked accordingly e.g in the 10 mark question in Islamiat, a level 1 answer, for which you would score 1-2 marks, is "Very limited knowledge displayed, only small amount of relevant material provided, facts only outlined, often incorrectly." A level 2 answer, for which you will score 3-4 marks, is: "Mainly relevant but undeveloped response.Candidate demonstrated factual knowledge and although some of the main points were covered, the answer lacked substance". Similarly a level 3 answer, which would get 5-7 marks, is: "Addresses question confidently and coherently. Demonstrates sound and detailed knowledge and covers main points although Quranic and Hadith reference could have been quoted to support answer" And finally a level 4 answer, which gets 8-10 marks, is: "A thorough, well-developed response with the candidate displaying extensive and accurate knowledge and and developing a well supported answer with references from Quran and Hadis"Although the level marking for Islamiat is...easy... the one for PakStudies, notably history, is a little bit more complicated and it would be appreciated if someone could explain it. Hope this helped :D