• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS admission criteria

Reaction score
I wanted to know that how admission is done.......i know all the details available on the website but i want to know how important is the entry test and how importnt is the olvls and the as levels result.........it wld be helpfl if i get an idea about the average grades of a student who gets into lums........

Reaction score
5 A's in olevel and a poor mock result in first year of Alevels. How to increase chances to get in Lums. Apart from the academic part what else can i do to make it in Lums.

Reaction score
5 A's in olevel and a poor mock result in first year of Alevels. How to increase chances to get in Lums. Apart from the academic part what else can i do to make it in Lums.

Reaction score
hey,
firstly, it is important to have very very very strong academic background.
secondly, good performance in your LCAT.
thridly, make sure you fill in the admission form properly and diligently.
fourthly, and most important is that you DO WRITE YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT.

the better you do in the latter themore bright are your chances of getting in..

Reaction score
what score should be good in LCAT. and 5 A's in olevel and straight A's in Alevel will be a strong academic background? will it meet the criteria for admission...i want to be a sports journalist so which coarse will be most suitable for me to study in Lums?
and which career paths will be open for me ,if i opt for politics and economics undergraduate coarse. kindly help

Reaction score
Okay, thats surprising that you want to be a jounalist and you want to go for studies which are designed for the commerce related jobs. My very sincere advice would be that you should take up some journalism course. There are many universities like SZABIST (KHI), IQRA (KHI and Lahore) which give degrees in Mass Communication, Journalism,etc. You should rather focus on these kind of courses rather than just going for the fancy names and end up in crossroads..

Reaction score
Yes, LUMS is amongst the leading academic institutions in South Asia. Not only Lums but also Iqra University providing undergraduate, graduate, PhD and executive programmes. Many students have written essay about iqra university and LUMS. :D

Reaction score
5A's is a knive's edge, but ahhh, worry not, get a minimum of 3Bs and pour ur heart in Lcat, for that do Sat1 maths and objective english. Do as many Sat's question as u can, for further assistance u can pm me.

Reaction score
But i suggest u to get a hand on extra subjects, sounds not-okay at this stage? But worry not this will guarantee ur admission

Reaction score
Ghazna12 said:
5A's is a knive's edge, but ahhh, worry not, get a minimum of 3Bs and pour ur heart in Lcat, for that do Sat1 maths and objective english. Do as many Sat's question as u can, for further assistance u can pm me.
thanks a lot..will try pouring my heart in LCAT for sure :lol:
but i told u my question is dat can u apply on the basis of AS result private candidate. ok so u say i shud be doing alevel in at least 4 subjects.

Reaction score
Lol ,No!
I meant get a hand on a few extra Olevels. Well yeah do give 4 Alevels, the forth one can be Urdu.

Reaction score
Solid boy : you can apply on Sat1 basis, get a v good score in it ; 2100/+ that's a score which guarantees ur admissiom.

Reaction score
LUMS is not an ivy. 2000 in SAT 1 is gud too. Just break 2000. Taking 2100 isn't easy.

With a gud score in the maths section.

Reaction score
i get around 700-720 (and 780 once) in math section but the problem is in english sections espicially, so i am worried, and just 3 weeks left for my final try

Reaction score
Gud enough. As long as ur other grades are good. Maths is important. Keep it above 700