• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS fall 2014 decisions!

Reaction score
Hey guys... I really need ur advice. ... I applied for f.a but didn't get it so I'm confused now... I mean I don't want to put a burden on my parents but lums has been like my dream for idk how long...and now when I got selected..instead of being happy I was so damn deprrssed...anyways so should I try to go for nust or try my luck in medicine instead of joining sse or what? I really need an honest advice... because I'm confused..and I know it's damn hard to get into nust...I don't know what to do.
You can check out the USaid scholarships, a girl told me last year that they were willing to give her financial aid if she got into lums, I dont know the criteria and all but still you can check it out, and you can also think of taking a student loan if lums really is your dream, otherwise don't worry, nust is a good university too and if you study a little fsc you can definetly get in, IA

Reaction score
i know its a huge burden but if your parents can afford it somehow than i would say its not more imp than your future coz evryone knows that admission in nust or medicine is on chance and if (God forbid) you couldnt make up to it you will regret that you miss a golden chance.. on the other hand if its not possible to afford lums or you have a strong believe that you can get in nust than you may drop lums
Well yeah u r right.. thankyou :)

Reaction score
You can check out the USaid scholarships, a girl told me last year that they were willing to give her financial aid if she got into lums, I dont know the criteria and all but still you can check it out, and you can also think of taking a student loan if lums really is your dream, otherwise don't worry, nust is a good university too and if you study a little fsc you can definetly get in, IA
Really? Ill check that. Thankyou :)

Reaction score
21st

Haha well I dont think so I'll clear the NUST test because I've seen my extremely nerdy friends score hardly a hundred and ten... and tbh I don't even know how I cleared the sse test... but I'm still thankful to Allah for it.... so well idk :( my mom is there but still I don't want toput a burden on her but yet again I'll rrgret it if I don't join lums
cheer up, the fact that you got in means a lot as well, it was a tough test
and for NUST, A-levels students have difficulty because they have never done the fsc syllabus, if you can study it just once then you will definitely get in, Ive seen their test and it is pretty easy

Reaction score
lums' judgement criteria is different from that of nust.. lums not only consider your previous academic record and entry test performance but also your personal statement while nust only consider the first two with high % of 2nd option.. if your etest go wrong than you should forget the admission.. (I hardly got 105 :p )

Reaction score
I got 11A* and 2 A' but C in English
And 6 A's in my AS

They rejected me too :'(

They 're just ******* bastards :mad: >_<
Indeed I got acceptance from many other International universities.
I can show you the acceptance mail from University of Toronto, yet I got 20% scholarship only.

Reaction score
And 6 A's in my AS

I can show you the acceptance mail from University of Toronto, yet I got 20% scholarship only.

How do u know you're rejected? Was your portal updated? Or did you receive a letter by post? And how was your lcat/sse?

Reaction score
And 6 A's in my AS

its unbelievable

Reaction score
I got an admission in SSE last week, but I got just 20% Financial Aid, with which I can't afford LUMS.
If anyone knows about some scholarship programs or student loans that I could apply for please let me know?

Reaction score
I got an admission in SSE last week, but I got just 20% Financial Aid, with which I can't afford LUMS.
If anyone knows about some scholarship programs or student loans that I could apply for please let me know?
Hey, congrats on getting in, there are some student loans offered by the government in collaboration with a few banks like habib and mcb, you can check that out, i don't know much about it though sorry

Reaction score
i once searched about student loan. it doesnot offer loan for lums undergraduates but there are loans for lums graduate students

Reaction score
what were your grades?

Reaction score
Well,I worked as an intern and on two studies on health awareness, gave my SATs, completed my arts portfolio, and worked in a couple of voluntary activities like fund raising and health camps and free tuitions and some other stuff with red crescent and I'm learning to play the guitar, tha'ts about it I guess, and of course the entry tests and forms and all
Oh, nice! They emailed me asking about mine, like, 4 days after lcat, but all I did was refer them to the personal statement I wrote for the application. They never replied.
You mentioned missing documents, did you apply for Financial Aid? Because I didn't, and they didn't call me or anything.

Reaction score
Oh, nice! They emailed me asking about mine, like, 4 days after lcat, but all I did was refer them to the personal statement I wrote for the application. They never replied.
You mentioned missing documents, did you apply for Financial Aid? Because I didn't, and they didn't call me or anything.
Yes I did apply for FA, and maybe you should email them once, I sent my essay with the application

Reaction score
Yes I did apply for FA, and maybe you should email them once, I sent my essay with the application
No, I sent it with my application, too. I'm just saying that they asked specifically about my gap year through email. I'd written all about it in that essay I sent with my application, so I replied asking them to read my essay. It shouldn't matter I think, right?