• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS refund policy discussion.

Reaction score
(This is obviously only for those who have received their offer.)

Can we get the tuition fee refunded even if we meet all conditions? I'm not sure because the policy says that:

-First year students cannot take their first semester off.
-First year students cannot withdraw or drop from all courses.

Accepting the offer would make a first year student, so does that mean I won't get a refund if I withdraw?

Reaction score
Its said `Applicants who do not meet minimum academic requirement shall be entitled to get security and 100% Tuition refund`.
And if you wish to withdraw from the course before commencement of classes, you`ll get the same in return. Read the page on the fee refund policy thoroughly.

Reaction score
Its said `Applicants who do not meet minimum academic requirement shall be entitled to get security and 100% Tuition refund`.
And if you wish to withdraw from the course before commencement of classes, you`ll get the same in return. Read the page on the fee refund policy thoroughly.
But it also says that first year students cant withdraw from all courses.

Reaction score
Thats actually for students who want to take a semester off.. It just means that you have to attend the full first year if you want to keep your name in the University for the second year or so.

Reaction score
So that means that if I pay them the chunk that they have asked to pay me now and if i decide not to join lums in september even though I have met their offer bcoz I have got admission elsewhere so I will get a full refund.......right????
Or do I lose all of the money...????

Reaction score
Yes
(This is obviously only for those who have received their offer.)

Can we get the tuition fee refunded even if we meet all conditions? I'm not sure because the policy says that:

-First year students cannot take their first semester off.
-First year students cannot withdraw or drop from all courses.

Accepting the offer would make a first year student, so does that mean I won't get a refund if I withdraw?

Yes i think the tution fee and the semester registration fee will be 100% refundable if we notify them before the start of classes in september, as it says on the offer letter. I was confused by this as well , As im waiting on some international unis myself. Here is the link to there last years refund policy http://lums.edu.pk/docs/fee_policy_for_Bsc_&_BA_LLB_New_Class_2012.pdf as you can see this is clearly different from what we have just received. so i think its safe to say that they have changed their policy. But to be on the safe side I've still emailed them and they'll get back to me in a few days, will post here about their reply!

Reaction score
Yes

Yes i think the tution fee and the semester registration fee will be 100% refundable if we notify them before the start of classes in september, as it says on the offer letter. I was confused by this as well , As im waiting on some international unis myself. Here is the link to there last years refund policy http://lums.edu.pk/docs/fee_policy_for_Bsc_&_BA_LLB_New_Class_2012.pdf as you can see this is clearly different from what we have just received. so i think its safe to say that they have changed their policy. But to be on the safe side I've still emailed them and they'll get back to me in a few days, will post here about their reply!
Have you gotten a reply from them yet?

Reaction score
Have you gotten a reply from them yet?
nah man, i've sent em the email on 5 different addresses , no reply from a single one of them. Still i paid today, will send the proof of payment and the document tommorrow to lums.