• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS SSE - A piece of important advice !

Reaction score
Okaaay ladies....A piece of advice from a veteran that might just be the key for you to getting into LUMS.
Thing is that the LUMS SSE test is by far the most difficult test you'll give for a Pakistani university. Well thats what my experience told me ( i gave somewhat 8 entry exams- both medical and engineering and found this to be the hardest). Dont panic just now! Back a year ago just like all nervous LUMS entry test first timers I gave my senior a call. I'll narrate what my senior told me the night just before the test "Look dude, tomorrow you're gonna flip those pages and 60% of the thing will seem gibberish to you no matter how hard you've studied. Infact you will have to leave out 8-10 questions per section (science section- try to attempt all english mcq's) even after making guesses." *i gulped* He continued"But hey the good news is that the same sh*** happening to everyone else in the room and everyone's going bonkers, so no sweat !"

Result of this not-so-motivating-speechwas that I took his advice and did not attempt the part that looked totally Slovakian to me (reason I chose the language for analogy is that I dont know a word of slovakian). I only attempted those questions which I knew of, had the concept of or that seemed that it would be worth a shot and there were atleast forty percent chances that i'd be right, in other words anything that seems remotely english/urdu/punjabi to me and guess what! I had to leave out around 10 questions in physics (even though it was my strongest and favorite subject). Left out around 6 in bio, and four to five in chem and even left out quite a few in the basic math section (which we figured wasnt so basic afterall).

Anyways the end game was that I got into LUMS with just four days of prep *Like a BOSS*. I read SAT2 books and carried with me the A levels knowledge which my school'd managed to teach me despite my knack for never being the type of student they wanted me to be. Poor they!

So anyways! the thing is that the LUMS test has negative marking for each wrong answer. Many of the people out there tend to answer the whole damn thing and lose hard earned marks along the way. Always REMEMBER that the test is relative and those blokes and blokeys (I guess its a term for females) sitting around you are just like you, talk like you, walk like you (analogy driven from the jungle book song -http://www.lyricsmania.com/i_wanna_be_like_you_the_jungle_book_lyrics_disney.html) . SO maybe the only difference ( a positive one for you) would be that you wont be losing marks by eenie-meenie-minaa-mo'oing on your test. And this little boost in score may just be the thing you need to get in.
Dont be too inclined to answer every schmucking thing you come across, though its hard to leave out stuff on something important.

During the test, If you start to think that the test paper is way out of hand and difficult like hell, dont worry and try to keep your head in the game, to keep calm and cool is like winning half the battle. I'd even recommend you give out a little sneer to all those poor tensed souls around you. (dont drive your head too much into their direction though, you might end up getting kicked outta the hall on charges for a cheating case!) You're all in this together afterall !

The strategy I adopted:
Go through the paper attempting all the easy ones, then come in again like a bomber with a second wave of bombs for the tougher ones give out a war cry like those Japanese kamikazeees did ayeee-yaaai-yaaai-yaaai-yaaaa! ( just kidding. No, dont do that, you'd look pretty stupid doing that in the test hall).

I'd recommend going through A levels, SAT2 and Fsc content too (provided you have the time). Boy you must be one bookworm if you've got the time! But if you're in bad shape, ahem! like I was. Then SAT2 and A levels stuff is "kewl" enough! See the LUMS SSE syllabus even if its an old one so you get a general picture of whats coming ahead.

One other thing I ought to mention is that these sneaky little people (LUMS) tend to shuffle questions and answers in the test sheets. In English that would mean your immediate neighbors have papers whose questions have been shuffled so that makes cheating impractical, suicidal and quite stupid....If you did manage to copy off a few answers from the bubble sheet of your neighbor it could be totally wrong according to your bubble sheet. So try to keep your eyes on your paper and not on the guy/gal sitting next to ya!

TO an END note. GOOD luck!
Jokes apart.
Pray Hard, Prep Hard and no matter what happens, the important thing is that you give in your best. Listen to a motivational song or two. You know this moment you own it!

P.S: You may PM me if you want prompt answers to your queries, I dont come online on XPF much so simply asking me stuff on the thread wouldnt put you at much joy.

Disclaimer: the above written stuff was in well and working order when I applied it and it did a fantastic job for me. Just like product shapes, sizes and colors may differ from the graphic representation on commercials. This too is subject to change depending on each person and setting. The above is not in anyway binding upon you and I shall not be held responsible if you mess up your paper and dont manage to get into LUMS. You are soley responsible for your actions ( for crying out loud, after all you ARE nearing adulthood now!)

Savvy?!

Reaction score
Okaaay ladies....A piece of advice from a veteran that might just be the key for you to getting into LUMS.
Thing is that the LUMS SSE test is by far the most difficult test you'll give for a Pakistani university. Well thats what my experience told me ( i gave somewhat 8 entry exams- both medical and engineering and found this to be the hardest). Dont panic just now! Back a year ago just like all nervous LUMS entry test first timers I gave my senior a call. I'll narrate what my senior told me the night just before the test "Look dude, tomorrow you're gonna flip those pages and 60% of the thing will seem gibberish to you no matter how hard you've studied. Infact you will have to leave out 8-10 questions per section (science section- try to attempt all english mcq's) even after making guesses." *i gulped* He continued"But hey the good news is that the same sh*** happening to everyone else in the room and everyone's going bonkers, so no sweat !"

Result of this not-so-motivating-speechwas that I took his advice and did not attempt the part that looked totally Slovakian to me (reason I chose the language for analogy is that I dont know a word of slovakian). I only attempted those questions which I knew of, had the concept of or that seemed that it would be worth a shot and there were atleast forty percent chances that i'd be right, in other words anything that seems remotely english/urdu/punjabi to me and guess what! I had to leave out around 10 questions in physics (even though it was my strongest and favorite subject). Left out around 6 in bio, and four to five in chem and even left out quite a few in the basic math section (which we figured wasnt so basic afterall).

Anyways the end game was that I got into LUMS with just four days of prep *Like a BOSS*. I read SAT2 books and carried with me the A levels knowledge which my school'd managed to teach me despite my knack for never being the type of student they wanted me to be. Poor they!

So anyways! the thing is that the LUMS test has negative marking for each wrong answer. Many of the people out there tend to answer the whole damn thing and lose hard earned marks along the way. Always REMEMBER that the test is relative and those blokes and blokeys (I guess its a term for females) sitting around you are just like you, talk like you, walk like you (analogy driven from the jungle book song -http://www.lyricsmania.com/i_wanna_be_like_you_the_jungle_book_lyrics_disney.html) . SO maybe the only difference ( a positive one for you) would be that you wont be losing marks by eenie-meenie-minaa-mo'oing on your test. And this little boost in score may just be the thing you need to get in.
Dont be too inclined to answer every schmucking thing you come across, though its hard to leave out stuff on something important.

During the test, If you start to think that the test paper is way out of hand and difficult like hell, dont worry and try to keep your head in the game, to keep calm and cool is like winning half the battle. I'd even recommend you give out a little sneer to all those poor tensed souls around you. (dont drive your head too much into their direction though, you might end up getting kicked outta the hall on charges for a cheating case!) You're all in this together afterall !

The strategy I adopted:
Go through the paper attempting all the easy ones, then come in again like a bomber with a second wave of bombs for the tougher ones give out a war cry like those Japanese kamikazeees did ayeee-yaaai-yaaai-yaaai-yaaaa! ( just kidding. No, dont do that, you'd look pretty stupid doing that in the test hall).

I'd recommend going through A levels, SAT2 and Fsc content too (provided you have the time). Boy you must be one bookworm if you've got the time! But if you're in bad shape, ahem! like I was. Then SAT2 and A levels stuff is "kewl" enough! See the LUMS SSE syllabus even if its an old one so you get a general picture of whats coming ahead.

One other thing I ought to mention is that these sneaky little people (LUMS) tend to shuffle questions and answers in the test sheets. In English that would mean your immediate neighbors have papers whose questions have been shuffled so that makes cheating impractical, suicidal and quite stupid....If you did manage to copy off a few answers from the bubble sheet of your neighbor it could be totally wrong according to your bubble sheet. So try to keep your eyes on your paper and not on the guy/gal sitting next to ya!

Jokes apart.
Pray Hard, Prep Hard and no matter what happens, the important thing is that you give in your best. Listen to a motivational song or two. You know this moment you own it!

P.S: You may PM me if you want prompt answers to your queries, I dont online on XPF much so simply asking me stuff on the thread wouldnt put you at much joy.

Disclaimer: the above written stuff was in well and working order when I applied it and it did a fantastic job for me. Just like product shapes, sizes and colors may differ from the graphic representation on commercials. This too is subject to change depending on each person and setting. The above is not in anyway binding upon you and I shall not be held responsible if you mess up your paper and dont manage to get into LUMS. You are soley responsible for your actions ( for crying out loud, after all you ARE nearing adulthood now!)

Savvy?!
what were ur olevel and As grades

Reaction score
I got 7 As in Alevels and straight As in AS.....what are my chances for admission
MashaaAllah, sweet!
From what'd I say pretty neat chances, but do give the test with same zest and zeal, 7 A's at A levels is actually pretty impressive.
But hey like I always say, life is pretty unpredictable. No matter what happens. Give your best shot!

Reaction score
MashaaAllah, sweet!
From what'd I say pretty neat chances, but do give the test with same zest and zeal, 7 A's at A levels is actually pretty impressive.
But hey like I always say, life is pretty unpredictable. No matter what happens. Give your best shot!
it wasi mistake....I have 7 As in olevels and straight As in AS

Reaction score

The strategy I adopted:

Jokes apart.

P.S: You may PM me if you want prompt answers to your queries, I dont come online on XPF much so simply asking me stuff on the thread wouldnt put you at much joy.

Savvy?!
Thanks dude that's a lot of help:)

Reaction score
A little question. Would we be facing questions from A2 topics in SSE? I thought AS was all we had to read :O

Reaction score
A little question. Would we be facing questions from A2 topics in SSE? I thought AS was all we had to read :O
Yes they have A2 topics too, like the Krebs cycle, links reaction and other stuff from other areas too.
The SSE syllabus in previous years stated A2 topics aswell