• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lums

Reaction score
Is there any possibility of getting into lums for BSc maths if youre a business student? :/

Reaction score
Is there any possibility of getting into lums for BSc maths if youre a business student? :/
Did you had mathematics in your alevel's?

secondly,
You have to appear for the subject test? How well are you prepared for that?

Reaction score
BUT. I dont have 3 principal subjects :p
I had eco accounts and maths in Alevels

Reaction score
BUT. I dont have 3 principal subjects :p
I had eco accounts and maths in Alevels
Idk why people are crazy over Lums?. Just recently kilo's of heroin was found from there hostel and reports even suggest that students have been taking it for couple of years. ( :p Just to overcome the university psychopathic study depression )

Reaction score
Idk why people are crazy over Lums?. Just recently kilo's of heroin was found from there hostel and reports even suggest that students have been taking it for couple of years. ( :p Just to overcome the university psychopathic study depression )
Lol, Ill try to make it short and talk to the point. You will find these drug dealers everywhere. LUMS, however, decided not to conceal it unlike so many other universities. And this depression is not because of studies. I blame the students alone. Lums is just doing what it should do. And lastly, it was some crazy outsider residing at lums. Not a direct student of lums so you cant blame the study there :p

Reaction score
My O-level grades are a mixture of B's & C's and an A in Islamiat! :p I know its pathetic
But I worked hard,and got 3A's in AS-level.
Ab meine SAT dena hai.
I wanted to ask k when should I apply to LUMS? In jauary or in may/june?
(Suppose I get really good marks in SAT.)
I have a feeling I'll get rejected in january one because of my O-level grades. :S
If I apply in May/June will my A-level(hopefully I'll get A or A*) and Sat can compensate my O-level grades but then again competetion is high in May/june than in january (as I've heard).So please tell me my chances and also when should I apply.

Reaction score

I dont know if it is late (it may help others) but if you do not meet the requirements for SSE you can try getting admission in the business or social science school.

After getting there you do not have to choose your Major until the end of first year. So you can take the necessary science courses (intro level are easy) and plan your courses with guidance from university advisors and seniors. At the end of the year you can file a request for shifting to SSE with a Math major assuming that you have a good GPA.

Who knows maybe you will want to do econ or accounting etc after studying different courses for a year.
I have seen people shifting from Engineering to Politics after 2 years and even shifting from EE to CS after 3 years (but had to spend an extra semester to cover the courses)

Edit: Anum96 It is still not late. Still time till the deadline.
https://admissions.lums.edu.pk/
Apply for business/SS school and then transfer after a year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My O-level grades are a mixture of B's & C's and an A in Islamiat! :p I know its pathetic
But I worked hard,and got 3A's in AS-level.
Ab meine SAT dena hai.
I wanted to ask k when should I apply to LUMS? In jauary or in may/june?
(Suppose I get really good marks in SAT.)
I have a feeling I'll get rejected in january one because of my O-level grades. :S
If I apply in May/June will my A-level(hopefully I'll get A or A*) and Sat can compensate my O-level grades but then again competetion is high in May/june than in january (as I've heard).So please tell me my chances and also when should I apply.

https://admissions.lums.edu.pk/

The deadline to apply is in FEB only one admission session. See the above link for the deadlines for SAT etc.

Accepted people usually have at least 6 A grades.
But you should definitely apply!! Even if you do not get in and you join some other university(and get a good GPA) you can apply again BOTH as a transfer candidate AND Fresh applicant. No gap year in this case.
I have friends who went to other universities after getting rejection and got in the second time as fresh applicants.

If you apply after your A Levels. You will have to take a gap year.