• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M Stuck In English!

Reaction score
Please tell me how to write content points/notes accurately.
How can i make my composition really impressive. i don't know meaning of fancy terms which examiners, books and teachers say e.g expression, accuracy, register.......
please help me.

Reaction score
:( nobody replies.
thats just what i hate about xpc members. always ready to ask questions and demand notes but never helping me :'(

Reaction score
Our mam suggested us a book of Matric ..which had tons of experssion + their meanings i will tell u the name of the book in a while and hey call me on skype/viber and get off from schools so we can 'group study'

Reaction score
Please tell me how to write content points/notes accurately.
How can i make my composition really impressive. i don't know meaning of fancy terms which examiners, books and teachers say e.g expression, accuracy, register.......
please help me.

Well sorry im too busy !

For notes and content points its all abt practice do more of these papers and u will be good,go to the ms and see at the end of those points or at start they tell the examiner checking the paper that reject points which were copied and ......
Know these tips as well as try to make the point u are abt to write in the box ur own by using ur words then in the summary u can solely copy from box its saves time and u help ur self ! Practice is key here no matter how many tips u know dont leave english for late i found that out and got just an A ,although im happy but A* wasnt that hard ! ;)

For essays,u should actually go for narratives they are really easy and u can avoid making a copy of other peoples essays ! and actually they are simple u actually select ur story and ur own plot with a bit of help from the things u saw or any event that ocurred in ur life but remember dont copy complete ideas from a book or a movie but some will be good ! And abt expressions and big bulky words,they actually cement ur place on those language points thing but the actual thing is content,if its up to the mark then u will surely score highly,one or two expressions will work u dont need to know hundreds of em,and again for narratives u have the added advantage that u can easily put them wherever want so u need to know some like at "a stones throw away " etc. So first try to make ur eassay content wise good and more interesting even if it contains small words that u use everyday it scores more than those who use those big words ( i am saying this because if u dont know big words then when u actually learn em and u write the essay u always have this urge to include them somehow and most actually screw it up there as those words dont make sense and they dont fit properly. !

Reaction score
Our mam suggested us a book of Matric ..which had tons of experssion + their meanings i will tell u the name of the book in a while and hey call me on skype/viber and get off from schools so we can 'group study'
when u will be online? i will call u.

Reaction score
Well sorry im too busy !

For notes and content points its all abt practice do more of these papers and u will be good,go to the ms and see at the end of those points or at start they tell the examiner checking the paper that reject points which were copied and ......
Know these tips as well as try to make the point u are abt to write in the box ur own by using ur words then in the summary u can solely copy from box its saves time and u help ur self ! Practice is key here no matter how many tips u know dont leave english for late i found that out and got just an A ,although im happy but A* wasnt that hard ! ;)

For essays,u should actually go for narratives they are really easy and u can avoid making a copy of other peoples essays ! and actually they are simple u actually select ur story and ur own plot with a bit of help from the things u saw or any event that ocurred in ur life but remember dont copy complete ideas from a book or a movie but some will be good ! And abt expressions and big bulky words,they actually cement ur place on those language points thing but the actual thing is content,if its up to the mark then u will surely score highly,one or two expressions will work u dont need to know hundreds of em,and again for narratives u have the added advantage that u can easily put them wherever want so u need to know some like at "a stones throw away " etc. So first try to make ur eassay content wise good and more interesting even if it contains small words that u use everyday it scores more than those who use those big words ( i am saying this because if u dont know big words then when u actually learn em and u write the essay u always have this urge to include them somehow and most actually screw it up there as those words dont make sense and they dont fit properly. !
thank you very much :)

Reaction score
for making ur compositions better u just have to add these 'good expressions' as we are told of like (His fierce voice in combination with his firm expression held me paralyzed ) rather than writing 'i was scared'
well to do so u have to collect such expressions frm various books and write them down and maybe finally learn em and then can insert them in ur essays
hope it makes sense :)

Reaction score
w
for making ur compositions better u just have to add these 'good expressions' as we are told of like (His fierce voice in combination with his firm expression held me paralyzed ) rather than writing 'i was scared'
well to do so u have to collect such expressions frm various books and write them down and maybe finally learn em and then can insert them in ur essays
hope it makes sense :)
which book

Reaction score
I want to ask what to do with o level english paper 2 1123...I am weak in comprehension.done some past paper practice but not getting high marks in it....What to do please give me some tips

Reaction score
I want to ask what to do with o level english paper 2 1123...I am weak in comprehension.done some past paper practice but not getting high marks in it....What to do please give me some tips

i had same condition. then i tried 'cambridge o level english revision guide' and did some practice from it with explanation of different types of questions. i have nt become very gud at it but atleast now i get more than 20/25

Reaction score
i had same condition. then i tried 'cambridge o level english revision guide' and did some practice from it with explanation of different types of questions. i have nt become very gud at it but atleast now i get more than 20/25
ok thx for the reply....most of the times i get 18/25 which means a B grade,will do some past paper practice and hope to get atleast an A in english