• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M1 mechanics edexcel modular exam

how was your paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
i was the best student in class i was expected to get 100 i may not even get a C :mad::mad: moments all wrong , the forces on pully wrong the motorcycle and car question 70% wrong :mad::mad:

Reaction score
how did everyone do on question 5 parts C and D, the car and motorcycle question, i think part C was find the time for the motorcycle from the first traffic light to point A, and part D find the acceleration?

Reaction score
I really messed up in this exam o_O , specially in the moments question and the speed time one, does anybody know what would be my maximum mark if i have some ECF marks? thanks ;)

Reaction score
I personally think I only messed up the Motorcycle question, due to a few errors when I tried to work out the time. So maybe I got a combined 1-2/6 of the marks for my working out. Otherwise I think I found the rest of the paper relatively okay -- I actually liked the moments question, as well as finding the Vectors questions easier than usual. Unless I made any further errors I think I could've got ~90%.

Reaction score
I personally think I only messed up the Motorcycle question, due to a few errors when I tried to work out the time. So maybe I got a combined 1-2/6 of the marks for my working out. Otherwise I think I found the rest of the paper relatively okay -- I actually liked the moments question, as well as finding the Vectors questions easier than usual. Unless I made any further errors I think I could've got ~90%.
:eek::coffee::cautious:

Reaction score
i was the best student in class i was expected to get 100 i may not even get a C :mad::mad: moments all wrong , the forces on pully wrong the motorcycle and car question 70% wrong :mad::mad:

Me too, I think I will get a D. The exam was very hard!
I also messed up in the moments last part (8 mark), the motorcycle and car question, and other 6 and 5 mark questions. I even got a negative value for the tension!

Reaction score
Lets see, I got 50s for the motorcycle.
I got like 6.8m for the length ax
For the last question I don't even know, I think i put like sqrt(9/25 * m^2 * g^2). **** that question.

Reaction score
Wht ans did u get fr the inclined plane question....the box slipping up with the rope...one!
wht Tension on the rope u got...?
I got 15.5N is it right?
I'm pretty sure that's right, I eny you if that was the only one you struggled with, personally I found that one fairly easy, but the later questions were horrific.

Reaction score
The last question's answer was something like ~ 16.something * m Newtons. I can't remember it exactly, but it involved drawing on the Reaction force of the Pulley; as the two components of Tension acted perpendicularly, the Reaction would be at 45 degrees. I was a bit wary that they didn't warn that it'd be in terms of m; I'm assuming that is the form they wanted it in. I conferred after the exam with my friend, who has been constantly getting 100% on all Maths modules and he agreed with my answer as he had the same so I'm thinking I got that right.

Reaction score
The last question's answer was something like ~ 16.something * m Newtons. I can't remember it exactly, but it involved drawing on the Reaction force of the Pulley; as the two components of Tension acted perpendicularly, the Reaction would be at 45 degrees. I was a bit wary that they didn't warn that it'd be in terms of m; I'm assuming that is the form they wanted it in. I conferred after the exam with my friend, who has been constantly getting 100% on all Maths modules and he agreed with my answer as he had the same so I'm thinking I got that right.
dude i did a stupid mistake in calculating tension last part so i used wrong tension to find magnitude of force on pullet will i get ecf ?

Reaction score
dude i did a stupid mistake in calculating tension last part so i used wrong tension to find magnitude of force on pullet will i get ecf ?

I'm unsure, it was 4 marks so maybe 1 mark for the method, and possibly another mark for stating the correct direction that it was acting in.