Making Study an inclination
Studies can become an inclination by making them less overwhelming. It’s all in your hands if you’re willing to make an effort, then studying can definitely come under the subjugation of yours to a considerable extent. This article can assist you with diverse ranges of methods you can adopt to bring studies into your comfort zones. However all of these methods come along with the same instructions.
1.Don’t burden yourself:
If you do not already have a study routine, do not stress yourself by taking the load all at once. Developing a routine and making studying a habit takes time.
2.Take a good start:
Take a good start. You can set a study time for yourself if it motivates you. For certain instances where setting study time becomes overwhelming and pressurizing just do as much as you comfortably can.
A small but consistent effort does matter a lot. Although, a good amount of study time does unveil a greater level of efficiency but do not be disheartened, if you’re not going as you might have planned or expected rather keep going with the consistent inputs you are offering.
4.Have your timeouts:
Think of your break time and study time as inversely related entities. Gradually, try to reduce your break time as you go on every day and increase your study time. Having a break is also necessary rather beneficial. It can offer fresh starts every time you go back to studying after the breaks.
Make sure that the study time you have is productive. A productive study time is marked by vigilance and carefulness. Focus is the key. Focus brings in efficiency and as a result; productivity.
Different people have different modes of grasping things. A few methods will be listed as follows
1. Mind Mapping:
A technique we all have probably heard about and a very common one indeed is mind mapping. Mind mapping is visual comprehension of information. Humans generally tend to remember imaged sequences very well and if you find yourself comfortable with it then follow the steps below.
- Write down the main topic in the center and then connect the different ideas holding information with it.
The SQ3R method, alternatively known as SQRRR method is a subscript for Survey, Question, Read, Recite and Review.
- Survey refers to speed-reading and skimming instead of thorough study. The main ranges of focus are the key points, headings, sub-headings and their central idea.
- Question refers to formulating certain questions which arise in your mind after completing the first step. Try to formulate as many questions as you can.
- Read the chapter with the questions in your mind .Read the sections one at a time and search for the answers to your questions.
- Recite the answers after reading each section and check if they are retained by your memory. Do not proceed until you are utterly done with one.
- Review the chapter once you are done with the above steps.
The Feynman technique is by far one of the most commonly practiced methods. To conclude, it is a method of learning by teaching it to yourself or someone else.
- Read the study material.
- Teach it to yourself or anybody else.
- Give the material a look again if you get stuck.
- Review and recall what you’ve learnt.
Studying before sleep with focused mind helps you retain knowledge in a better way. Do give it a try.
5.Making Flashcard sets:
Making flashcard sets can help you break down information into small chunks of information. This makes it easier for the brain to distinguish between and store the information more effectively.