• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math A* Expectations

What do you think will be the Expected Threshold for A* in Maths (0580)

• Total voters
Reaction score
man my teacher r such big liars :p
no way i'm gonna do my a levels in this school xD
Maybe you misunderstood them? Predicted grades can influence your final grade but only in some very rare cases:

Predicted grades can be used in special consideration cases e.g. if you suffer an illness during an exam. If CIE sees that your grade is much lower than your predicted grade in a case like this then they may award extra marks.

Also, if your paper gets lost in the post (extremely unlikely) then CIE will award you your predicted grade.

Reaction score
If i got for example 170 and the A* from 173 i will get an A or maybe they help me to get A* ?
Nahh the examiner's don't help. There are no emotions involved they are marking the papers for money. More they mark the more money. Unfortunately they don't have time for that

Reaction score
Maybe you misunderstood them? Predicted grades can influence your final grade but only in some very rare cases:

Predicted grades can be used in special consideration cases e.g. if you suffer an illness during an exam. If CIE sees that your grade is much lower than your predicted grade in a case like this then they may award extra marks.

Also, if your paper gets lost in the post (extremely unlikely) then CIE will award you your predicted grade.
so sir otherwise it has no affect on our results? or is there any?

Reaction score
for some reason, i checked the mark scheme and only lost 5 marks in the whole paper 4
but my paper 2 was a disaster and i lost 20 marks
DAMN!

Reaction score
for some reason, i checked the mark scheme and only lost 5 marks in the whole paper 4
but my paper 2 was a disaster and i lost 20 marks
DAMN!
are u serious!!!!!!!!!!!!20 marks in P2:eek: which was the easiest paper till date..............
BTW me too expecting 175+ outta 200 :)
wats ur opinion about the curve for an A*???????