• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics Paper 3: Post your doubts!

Reaction score
wow its gonna be a killer day.. good luck to all.. :) btw where u from? cos our variants are same

Reaction score
4 iii) let x0 =0.7
x1= 0.7394
x2= 0.7239
x3= 0.7299
x4= 0.7275... it stays at 0.73 so thats the answer

5) take thita to be A,
from the identity cos2A=1 -2sin^2 a we get 4 sin^2A to be 2-2cos2A
when we integrate it we get 2A -sin2A. substite with the limits we get the required answer

6iii) arg of a is pi/6 ( by doing tan inverse (1/sqrt 3)
b is 1,sqrt3i so arg b is pi/3 ( same method as for a)
reuired andgle is arg b-arg a which is pi/3 -pi/6 which is pi/6

7)i) the equation is r= OA + t( AB) where AB is OB - OA
ii) you do (1+2t, 2+2t, 2-2t) dot (1,2,2) = 0 which gives t to be -1/6. then OP is (2/3, 5/3, 7/3)
iii) OP is the normal since it is perpendicular to AB then you do r.n=a.n to give u 2x+5y+7z=26

8) expression is (2x+1)(1+2x^2)^-1 -(1+x)^-1

(2x+1)(1-2x^2 +4x^4) -(1-x+x^2-x^3)

which simplifies to that answer given
9) i think it is answered in earlier post..

a thanks would be appreciated :p
why did u take 0.7 as the inital value x0 why/

Reaction score
wow it takes me long cos i have to keep substituting :(
Tu dois savoir comment insérer tes valeurs dans ta calculatrice pour que enfin tu puisses utiliser les touches "replay", "ans" et "=" pour que tu aies tes "iterations" sans avoir à replacer à chaque fois.

Reaction score
Tu dois savoir comment insérer tes valeurs dans ta calculatrice pour que enfin tu puisses utiliser les touches "replay", "ans" et "=" pour que tu aies tes "iterations" sans avoir à replacer à chaque fois.
which language is this!!!!

Reaction score
lol i was just asking if u speak french.. im not too good at it.. its my 2nd language in igcse

Reaction score
lol i was just asking if u speak french.. im not too good at it.. its my 2nd language in igcse
Huh, sorry i thought its your mother tongue in your country, so u understand french better. did u understand what i am saying?

Reaction score
Guys, I won't be online now until tomorrow. can you give me full explanations for these two, i would much appreciate, especially the integration of partial fractions.
babycry: Don't forget to explain me the integration thing which i inboxed you. okay? You can explain me in form of diagrams on paint, i'll understand or write it and do a scan.
Good luck everyone for your revisions!
1.JPG

Reaction score
Guys, I won't be online now until tomorrow. can you give me full explanations for these two, i would much appreciate, especially the integration of partial fractions.
babycry: Don't forget to explain me the integration thing which i inboxed you. okay? You can explain me in form of diagrams on paint, i'll understand or write it and do a scan.
View attachment 17318
hey amy srry cant help you!!i myself have a doubt

Reaction score
View attachment 17318
eventually u get tan()=tan()
tan^-1(tan()) is theta.

when they mean constant, it means that it is a real number, and not sintheta or something, where as the angle changes, the real part changes.

Just expand it normally and ull find the awnser.

For the partial question question, youy notice there is an extra "x" in the equation. This means the LHS numerator needs to be multiplied by X as well, which is(2x^3-1)(x)