• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Thank you so much I actually get it now and it feels good! :)

I don't understand logs cuz it's not in the igcse mathematics extended syllabus! But thank you for trying to help! :)

Your welcome :) I haven't done log either just know the basic..it saves a lot of time though :) anyways good luck..you'll get A* :)

Reaction score
guys, stop practicing.....you had 2YEARS TO PRACTICE
just relax breath and pray
pray for the best
get some sleep
be well and ready before the exam

Reaction score
Please i want your help. When you are given a bunch of inequalities and you draw them and you shade the unwanted regions. How do you find for example the least possible cost (if the inequalities represent number of boxes) of total boxes? this was a question in october november 2011 paper 43 question 10 please check it out and inform me how

Thanks in Advaaance!!!
Ladies and gentlemen!!

Reaction score
Please i want your help. When you are given a bunch of inequalities and you draw them and you shade the unwanted regions. How do you find for example the least possible cost (if the inequalities represent number of boxes) of total boxes? this was a question in october november 2011 paper 43 question 10 please check it out and inform me how

Thanks in Advaaance!!!
Ladies and gentlemen!!
just take the points in the corners of the unshaded area (the regions he wants ) then make a table put the x's and y's of the corners and multiply it by the amount given for y and x and find the highest or lowest cost :)

Reaction score
just take the points in the corners of the unshaded area (the regions he wants ) then make a table put the x's and y's of the corners and multiply it by the amount given for y and x and find the highest or lowest cost :)
I thought about doing that but then i figured why would the question be for only 1 mark and with so little space? but if thats the way then thankk you so much!! Wish you the best!

Reaction score
(1/p)4(4-q)=2 solve it u'll get an equ

(1/p)5(5-q)=25 slove u'll get 2nd equ

finally,solve simultaneously :)

Reaction score

Maz

Reaction score
Thank you! :)
Good luck to you too and I'll pray you get an A* as well! :)
I know I am sending this too late.However, i found this in the examiner's report

Very few candidates scored this single mark. h(x) maps a value in one set onto a specific value in
a second set; h−1(x) reverses the process and maps the second value back onto the first. So if
h−1(x) = 2, the “2” has come from h(2) = 9. The function h−1(x) need not be considered.

Reaction score
@slayer
very easy, draw a line (that covers all the the graph) between a point in the triangle and it's corresponding point in the image, then do it again with another point in the triangle and it's corresponding point in the image, the two lines you drew intersects at a point, this point is the center

in your question:
draw a line between (3,1), (-3,-5) (extend to cover all the graph)
draw a line between ( 6,3), (6,1) (extend to cover all the graph)
center: (6,4)

maybe not the best way, but with a little of common sense, it always work (atleast with positive enlargements)

EDIT: if someone have a better way, share please, i do have a faster way but it's error prone (and so i used the line drawing way)

Maz

Reaction score
Ok, so I was freaking myself out when all I had to do was ignore the inverse... -.-
But thank you so much! This was actually REALLY helpful! :)
Good luck! :D
i know reading it, makes it look so easy. but i am wondering whether is it always the case that the
answer of an inverse is the value in the brackets.

Reaction score
@slayer
very easy, draw a line (that covers all the the graph) between a point in the triangle and it's corresponding point in the image, then do it again with another point in the triangle and it's corresponding point in the image, the two lines you drew intersects at a point, this point is the center

in your question:
draw a line between (3,1), (-3,-5) (extend to cover all the graph)
draw a line between ( 6,3), (6,1) (extend to cover all the graph)
center: (6,4)

maybe not the best way, but with a little of common sense, it always work (atleast with positive enlargements)

EDIT: if someone have a better way, share please, i do have a faster way but it's error prone (and so i used the line drawing way)
Thank you I really appreciate you work!! :)

Reaction score
hey guys PLZZZZZZ NEEDDDDDD URGENT HELP!!!! :eek: EXAM TOMORROW:sick: :cry:

give me any HELP ME WITH SEQUENCE

TELL ME ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP ME TO SOLVE ANY SEQUENCE QUESTION NO MATTER HOW HARD IT IS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:cry: :(