• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
how do you solve these questions?
1. The volume of the planet Uranus is 64 times the volume of the planet Earth.
Assuming that Uranus and Earth are geometrically similar, calculate the ratio of
Surface area of Uranus : Surface area of Earth in the form n : 1.
AND
2.The speed of light is 300 000 kilometres per second.
(a) Write 300 000 in standard form.
Answer (a) ......................................................... P I
(b) The nearest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.2 light years from the Sun. One light year is the distance
light travels in 365 days. Calculate the distance of Proxima Centauri from the Sun.
Give your answer in kilometres in standard form.
Answer (b) ................................................... km 111
FROM A PAST PAPER

idk about 2(b) i thk d ans wud b diff... even d moon is more dan sm 3000 times more than 111km :) chk d ms 1s again

Attachments

• qns.docx
    13.1 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
even i'm nt gettttting this:(
Well, its easy.... See the lenght is 30 right and the diameter is 5 so 6 biscuits will fit in there and the breath is 20 so 4 biscuits of diameter 5 will fit in..... Then you multiply the 6 with 4 to get the area coverd which is 24.........

Reaction score
Well, its easy.... See the lenght is 30 right and the diameter is 5 so 6 biscuits will fit in there and the breath is 20 so 4 biscuits of diameter 5 will fit in..... Then you multiply the 6 with 4 to get the area coverd which is 24.........
Oooo i made it complicated by considering volumes and.area ....thanxx