• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
so total surface area is simply the total summation of he areas, it doesn't have a definite formula right?
and for question 6(e), i checked the answer and the only way to find the distance of the line CE is by using Pythagoras theorem. however, i'm wondering why Pythagoras theorem has been used because the angle CBE is not at 90 degrees, from the angle at which we are viewing the prism
THANKS BY THE WAY
6.d) angle CAE is 90 so u can find AE and den CE
der is a formula for surface area :
cube = 6 x sides^2
cuboid = 2(lb + bh +lh)
cylinder = 2(pi)rh
cone = (pi)rl
sphere = 4(pi) r^2
bt not fr such irregular figures

Reaction score
6.d) angle CAE is 90 so u can find AE and den CE
der is a formula for surface area :
cube = 6 x sides^2
cuboid = 2(lb + bh +lh)
cylinder = 2(pi)rh
cone = (pi)rl
sphere = 4(pi) r^2
bt not fr such irregular figures
thanks a lot that really helped:)

Reaction score
Yeah, so are there any formulas for sequences?
the formula i found is

a+(n-1)d, a=first term in a sequence, n=number of terms e.g 5th term in a sequence, d= the difference in between the terms which should be the same through out the sequence.

however, my teacher told me this is for a-level. so i don't think it can be that useful in the exams but it helps when your trying to find the solution to a problem.

Reaction score
Can someone please help me by explaining step by step how to do these questions from 0580 may/june 2012 paper 21?
Questions 17, 15b and 20.
Thanks!
can you upload paper 4 of the same may/jun variant you've uploaded?

Reaction score
the formula i found is

a+(n-1)d, a=first term in a sequence, n=number of terms e.g 5th term in a sequence, d= the difference in between the terms which should be the same through out the sequence.

however, my teacher told me this is for a-level. so i don't think it can be that useful in the exams but it helps when your trying to find the solution to a problem.
dis formula works bt d prob is dat it will only work wen diff btween 2 terms is constant throughout
eg. 1,4,7,10 - it works
1,4,9,16,25 - it doesnt work

Reaction score
the formula i found is

Thank you! :D