• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
B) i) cyclic ii) since tc and bo are parallel, alt. interior angles are equal so x = 40 . OA and OB are both radii so AOB is an isosceles triangle. Both base angles are equal and so 130 + 2y = 180 , y = 25 . Angle Z is supplementary to x + y becuase they are on a cyclic quadrilateral so, 180 - 25 - 40 = z , z = 115.

iii) angle oct is equal to 90 because angle between radius and a tangent is always 90.

iv) angle Aoc = 2 x z because they are on the same segment so Aoc = 230.

Reaction score
B) i) cyclic ii) since tc and bo are parallel, alt. interior angles are equal so x = 40 . OA and OB are both radii so AOB is an isosceles triangle. Both base angles are equal and so 130 + 2y = 180 , y = 25 . Angle Z is supplementary to x + y becuase they are on a cyclic quadrilateral so, 180 - 25 - 40 = z , z = 115.

iii) angle oct is equal to 90 because angle between radius and a tangent is always 90.

iv) angle Aoc = 2 x z because they are on the same segment so Aoc = 230.
This is part A) I asked B) , thanks anyways

Reaction score
Can anyone help me solve the graph question in oct/nov 2011 paper 41. Question 5. Much appreciated