• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What is meant by area of cross section and surface area? And is the circumference of the circle should be considered as the perimeter of the circle? What is meant by a prism? I would anyone to give me sites about mensuration or any formula sheets

Reaction score
What is meant by area of cross section and surface area? And is the circumference of the circle should be considered as the perimeter of the circle? What is meant by a prism? I would anyone to give me sites about mensuration or any formula sheets
Cross-section : the area of the side, that, when u cut, u get equal sized and shaped such similar shapes.

images

images

Reaction score
Surface area is d entire outward surface area of all the shapes that make up a 3D object.

images

images

Reaction score
The circumference of the circle can be considered as the perimeter of the circle.

Reaction score

Here's one I have since the CIEs in May.

Attachments

• IGCSE Mathematics Formula Booklet ( 2012 Updated).pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Reaction score
A prism is a solid object with two identical ends and flat sides:

• The sides are parallelograms (4-sided shape with opposites sides parallel)
• The cross section is the same all along its length

Eg,

triangular-prism.png

images

images

These aren't prisms:

upload_2014-10-19_15-27-44.jpeg