• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: IGCSE Maths Tips nov.2010!Confused!have questions?Post h

ill lose 10 -13 marks >_<

Reaction score

i think i lost one mark for planes of symmetry question

Reaction score

jazzangel16 said:
Math Angel.. Please give me some tough questions!!..

AB =a+t BC =a+(3t-5)b
Find t when AB=BC

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

do u want me to give the answer or u r just giving the question for jazzangel??

Reaction score

can u pls explain how to show two triangles are congruent or how two angles are the same?

Reaction score

switch said:
i think i lost one mark for planes of symmetry question
Y that was one of the simplest questions!!!

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
do u want me to give the answer or u r just giving the question for jazzangel??
ITS AN OPEN QUESTION FOR ALL !!! BTW I KNOW THE ANSWER ..

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
Assalamoalikum!!
Look ....Sequence seems to be hard but actually if u use a little bit of ur brain :p u will surely find it easy!!Believe me!!Just look at the question ....the first few parts are easy and the next part which u will find hard ...will be based on these easy parts that is a combination of those answers or there will be some relation which varies according to the question!!
Eg.if u r given a table with first four columns like n=1 ....to ....n=4 and then u wil have a column for n
this table will have info abt three sequences and u will have to find the nth term!!now the first two will be simple one ...like some addition or multiplication which u can do by the rules or formulas u have...however for finding the third one u will have a problem...but if u look carefully u will find that there may be some relation with the first two sequences...may be multiplying the first two gives the third one or adding them may give the third one ...so what ever it is u will find nth term in the same way like suppose the first two are multiplied togethr to give the third one so to find the nth term for the third one u multiply the nth terms of the first two!!That simple.... :)
So this was smthng complicated ...other type is usually nt that hard!!If stuck at any question...i'll be glad to help...so plz don't hesitate!!
Hope this helps !!
Jazak ALlah Khair!!

Hey y dont u look for a maths teacher job i am sure they will pay u more than millions .. btw thanks for explaning ....

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

nice advice...but i'm currently doing my studies....i wud luv 2day...have been helping my friends!!

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
Assalamoalikum!!
Look ....Sequence seems to be hard but actually if u use a little bit of ur brain :p u will surely find it easy!!Believe me!!Just look at the question ....the first few parts are easy and the next part which u will find hard ...will be based on these easy parts that is a combination of those answers or there will be some relation which varies according to the question!!
Eg.if u r given a table with first four columns like n=1 ....to ....n=4 and then u wil have a column for n
this table will have info abt three sequences and u will have to find the nth term!!now the first two will be simple one ...like some addition or multiplication which u can do by the rules or formulas u have...however for finding the third one u will have a problem...but if u look carefully u will find that there may be some relation with the first two sequences...may be multiplying the first two gives the third one or adding them may give the third one ...so what ever it is u will find nth term in the same way like suppose the first two are multiplied togethr to give the third one so to find the nth term for the third one u multiply the nth terms of the first two!!That simple.... :)
So this was smthng complicated ...other type is usually nt that hard!!If stuck at any question...i'll be glad to help...so plz don't hesitate!!
Hope this helps !!
Jazak ALlah Khair!!
Yeah this was there in one of my mocks lol........i broke my hed on that one for 1 hour

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

actually i didnt open my book or smthng 4 the example...just gave what i remember :)

Reaction score

karthik said:
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalikum!!
Hope this helps !!
Jazak ALlah Khair!!

Hey y dont u look for a maths teacher job i am sure they will pay u more than millions .. btw thanks for explaning ....
Btw wats Jazak ALlah Khair!! ????

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

karthik said:
karthik said:
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalikum!!
Hope this helps !!
Jazak ALlah Khair!!

Btw wats Jazak ALlah Khair!! ????
It means May Allah reward u with good....like howwe say thanks we say Jazak Allah Khair :)
Is it clear??If nt let me know...PM me if u want... :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

alay said:
can u pls explain how to show two triangles are congruent or how two angles are the same?
sorry...i just noticed ur question now....i cud help u if u be a bit more specific...i mean if u can tell me the exact question i might be able 2 help :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

ok so i will tell u abt Q:4...tell me if u need Q:6 as well
now in this since it is a square and since RC=BQ...angle BQP and CRQ shud also be the same....and angles of the square is ofcourse 90 (RCQ and PBQ)
therefore the third angle of both triangles are sam and hence the sides PB and QC are same....actually i didnt solve this ...i am just explaining....if u have doubt or if there's any contradiction with the mark scheme let me know but i think u'll work out the way stated....i'll be really sorry for any mistake from my side :)
Hope this helps!!

Reaction score

thanks for the explanation..i kinda understand but im uncertain on how to show my explanations properly.wat should i write when i want to prove such things?there r so many angles and sides..which do i choose?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

the way i did it ....or u check the mark scheme!!,,,,by the way what angles i showed u can write in the same way but do check the mark scheme once and compare my answer...ok?? :)