• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Maths made easy =) stuck sumwhere?Ask ur doubts here!!

Hey maths angel =)
You may have missed my question =)
I really am looking forward to the reply =D
Earlier help would be very much appreciated =)
JazakaAllah =)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

OrlandoBloom<3 said:
Hey maths angel =)
JazakaAllah =)

Assalamoalaikum!!

I am extremely sorry for not replying....i'll help u out now!!

OrlandoBloom<3 said:
I am having a huggeee problem with graphs !
Especially ones involving curves !
I cannot figure out what we are supposed to know for the exam !
Please help !
Jazakallah =)
Plus this question is giving me a headache :p
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/Cambrid ... _qp_43.pdf
Question 6 part C & D

ok so cud u mind telling what kind of problem do u have with the graphs...

anyways...for Q:6

here u go..... they r asking to find the value of k....in such questions involving solutions of equations using graphs....what u have to do make LHS of eqn....same as the eqn. of curve/graph..now draw another line with the eqn u got on RHS!! and then the solution will be the x coordinates of the point which intersect the graph... OK?

now in this case LHS is already same as the eqn of the curve....so the solutions for the eqn in part (c) is where the line y=k intersects with the graph....now what u r asked to find is the k value where this eqn. doesnt has any solutions...now check at which value it isnt possible to get any solutions....remember these shud be integer values!! that's the answer...so after plotting the graph notice that in the eqn y = k when k is 1 , 0 , -1.....it cannot intersect the curve....right??
so these are the values of k where the eqn. ..... has no solutions.....

i hope u understood....if not let me know....bcoz i personally feel i havent given a clearer explanation....so if u still have problem let me know...i can give a bit clearer explanation than this....or tell me which area are u still confused with :)

ok for part (d) : u know that to find gradient of curve at any point we draw a tangent....and the gradient of the tangent at that point is equal to the gradient of the curve!!!

now remember lines like this ==> / have positive gradient and lines like this ==> \ have negative gradient

so find out at which points will the graph has tangents like this => / .....write the range of these values....u'll probably have two sets ...i cud have given the answer but i havent drawn the graph so u work it out urself please...and ask me if u r stuck at any point :)

i hope i have cleared ur doubt and sorry once again....

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
OrlandoBloom<3 said:
Hey maths angel =)
JazakaAllah =)

Assalamoalaikum!!

I am extremely sorry for not replying....i'll help u out now!!

OrlandoBloom<3 said:
I am having a huggeee problem with graphs !
Especially ones involving curves !
I cannot figure out what we are supposed to know for the exam !
Please help !
Jazakallah =)
Plus this question is giving me a headache :p
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/Cambrid ... _qp_43.pdf
Question 6 part C & D

ok so cud u mind telling what kind of problem do u have with the graphs...

anyways...for Q:6

here u go..... they r asking to find the value of k....in such questions involving solutions of equations using graphs....what u have to do make LHS of eqn....same as the eqn. of curve/graph..now draw another line with the eqn u got on RHS!! and then the solution will be the x coordinates of the point which intersect the graph... OK?

now in this case LHS is already same as the eqn of the curve....so the solutions for the eqn in part (c) is where the line y=k intersects with the graph....now what u r asked to find is the k value where this eqn. doesnt has any solutions...now check at which value it isnt possible to get any solutions....remember these shud be integer values!! that's the answer...so after plotting the graph notice that in the eqn y = k when k is 1 , 0 , -1.....it cannot intersect the curve....right??
so these are the values of k where the eqn. ..... has no solutions.....

i hope u understood....if not let me know....bcoz i personally feel i havent given a clearer explanation....so if u still have problem let me know...i can give a bit clearer explanation than this....or tell me which area are u still confused with :)

ok for part (d) : u know that to find gradient of curve at any point we draw a tangent....and the gradient of the tangent at that point is equal to the gradient of the curve!!!

now remember lines like this ==> / have positive gradient and lines like this ==> \ have negative gradient

so find out at which points will the graph has tangents like this => / .....write the range of these values....u'll probably have two sets ...i cud have given the answer but i havent drawn the graph so u work it out urself please...and ask me if u r stuck at any point :)

i hope i have cleared ur doubt and sorry once again....
Oh okaaayyy I did get the D part very clearly =)
But in the C part I was unable to understand the part where you said to make a LHS of equation . What exactly is an LHS and how do you draw a line for that ? And also RHS ?
Plus the problem with graphs is that I cannot figure out what exactly are we supposed to know for curves .
I appreciate the help alooooot !
May Allah bless you =)
JazakaAallah =)

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!

Rahma Magdy said:
:(
I Know this might sound silly..
But Right know in our schools we are having a 2-weeks Christmas break,, After it directly, we have Pre-Mock examinations..
I have maths first day, I cant seem to be in contact with my teacher,,,
I need to know how to find F-1 (x )
the F inverse x !!!
Kindly..

oh so all u have to do is write the eqn of f(x) in terms of x and y
then make x the subject ....now replace y with x,,,,,this is f-1(x)

Eg: f(x) = 3x - 2 ...find f-1 (x)

---solution---

y = 3x - 2

y + 2 = 3x

x = (y + 2)/3

f-1(x) = (x + 2)/3

hope u got it now :)

Jazakallah 5airan ..
And thanx alot..
But I had one little doubt if you dont mind....
How to find it in a graph ...
:? :? :?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

OrlandoBloom<3 said:
Oh okaaayyy I did get the D part very clearly =)
But in the C part I was unable to understand the part where you said to make a LHS of equation . What exactly is an LHS and how do you draw a line for that ? And also RHS ?
Plus the problem with graphs is that I cannot figure out what exactly are we supposed to know for curves .
I appreciate the help alooooot !
May Allah bless you =)
JazakaAallah =)

LHS means left hand side of the equation and RHS is the Right Hand Side of the equation
Eg. eqn is 3x + 4 = 2x + 7
so here RHS is 2x + 7 and LHS is 3x + 4

got it...now read my previous post again...and then u'll get it InshAllah! if not let me know where u r stuck with?

and abt grphs...i still didnt get ....but i cud suggest that u practice a few question from pastpapers....then ur concept will become clear...plus tell me which class r u in ...i mean wen will u be giving the exam...
And aameen.....
BarakAllah!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Rahma Magdy said:
Jazakallah 5airan ..
And thanx alot..
But I had one little doubt if you dont mind....
How to find it in a graph ...
:? :? :?
:? f-1 x from a graph?? i dont think ever heard of it?????? whatever it is atleast now i cant remember...may be i forgot...u sure u have seen a question like that?? show me one if possible...plzz! :)

Reaction score

I dunno If I can Find it online ,, But I saw it in my last maths exam...And I kept looking for it in all years
I found one like it in
May/June Session Year 2000
Q 23

Hope you can find that!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

ok then if possible try to post the whole question...it must be inter related to smthng else....then i'll be able to help u InshAllah!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Assalamoalaikum!!

Rahma Magdy said:
I dunno If I can Find it online ,, But I saw it in my last maths exam...And I kept looking for it in all years
I found one like it in
May/June Session Year 2000
Q 23

Hope you can find that!

oh yeah i just checked that question...so actually u dont find f-1(x) but u can find f-1(2) i mean for any no.....now we know
f(x) => y ...like for eg. u have f(x) = 9 so here y = 9 and x will be the solution...so on the graph see what is the x value when y= 9
now in the case of F(x) the no. inside is equivalent to x so if u r asked to find f(2) here x =2 and y will be the solution!!

similarly f-1(x) this is equal to x...ofcourse it'll go in the opposite way...if f(x) is y then obviously f-1(x) will be x and the no. inside will be y

so if u r asked to find f-1(2) ...y = 2 and x will be the solution..check on graph!
or if f-1(x) is 3 so x=3 and y will be the solution!!

i hope this answers ur question!! :)
sorry for the late reply!! actually i didnt get time to check the 2000 paper ..and it's nt available on xtremepapers :)

anyways any confusion still..then let me know ...i'll try to get back to u soon :)
take care
good luck!

Reaction score

IGCSE O LEVELS_--- I have problems in tree diagrams...dats is da probability....tree diagrams are really hard to understand

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Farhana.Crystalaire said:
IGCSE O LEVELS_--- I have problems in tree diagrams...dats is da probability....tree diagrams are really hard to understand

Assalamoalaikum!!
Well..i'm busy with my exams..so will get back to u in a week or so...sorry for the inconvenience :(

Reaction score

@Farhana: tree diagrames are quite easy! If u can give a specific question i might be able to help while math angel is away! I hope that's fine with you, math angel :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

ofcourse..u can @abcde it's fine for me... :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Farhana.Crystalaire said:

Assalamoalaikum once again!!

Sorry for the delay!
Well i found some helpful power point slides ..which might make u understand the whole topic!After watching thes..u come up with the areas you are specifically stuck with..and then i'll help u myself ..InshAllah :)
To start with.. (when u've opened the file press F5 ..because u shud view it as a slide show)
----well this will help u understand questions like this : The probability that it will rain on Monday is 0.2. The Probability it will rain on Tuesday is 0.3...so for such situations how to draw a tree diagram..just right click and save target as...and the open it as a slide show...

Click here to watch the video! Well this is an execellent video..will seriously help u!! :)

I think this is enough to help u understand the topic..if u still want more clarification about the topic..please feel free to ask!

I'll try to help u with the best of my ability :)

Jazak Allah Khair!
мαтн αпgεL

Reaction score

Hi.. I was stucked in some questions..
hmm..
i forget how to find the centre of translation..

and..

can anyone explain about the venn diagram???
i've tried 2 questions, and i failed =___=
i got wrong for both question..
urghxx.. i just cant understand venn diagram..

so..
can anyone help???
Kinda urgent.. reply asap.. Thanks a lot!!!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

JmCullen said:
hmm..

Assalamoalaikum!!

By the way for translation you only have translation vector!! which u can easily find by subtracting the object coordinates (O.C) from it's corresponding Image coordinates (I.C) in short I.C - O.C

JmCullen said:

Well ...i'll try to answer this query soon...and it'd be better if u post some examples..and doubts in specific!

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
JmCullen said:
hmm..

Assalamoalaikum!!

By the way for translation you only have translation vector!! which u can easily find by subtracting the object coordinates (O.C) from it's corresponding Image coordinates (I.C) in short I.C - O.C

JmCullen said:

Well ...i'll try to answer this query soon...and it'd be better if u post some examples..and doubts in specific!

Btw.. i've got the answer..
Thanks a lot for the help! Thanks!! :D

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

hmm...sorry..couldnt manage to find time to give u explanation of the chapter!! :(

anyways..if u have doubts at specific places..i'd be glad to help.. :cool:

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
hmm...sorry..couldnt manage to find time to give u explanation of the chapter!! :(

anyways..if u have doubts at specific places..i'd be glad to help.. :cool:

It is ok. :)
Ok! Sure! Thanks for that first :D

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

my pleasure :cool: