• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the formula of surface area of hexagon and hexagonal pyramid :)
Well...there isn't any formula as far as i knw i sw such a question n toook area of one triangle n multilply with the no. of triangles.
Did the same to get base area n multiplied with 1/3 and the height

Reaction score
help me out plz!!
1. if it takes 6 men 4 days to dig a hole 3 ft deep, how long will it take 10 men to dig a hole 7 ft deep??

2. a floor is covered by 800 tiles measuring 10 cm square. how many square tiles of side 8 cm would be needed to cover the same floor??

Reaction score
Q7 and Q8 someone please explain all the details and procedures step by step..... help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• 0580_w10_qp_42.pdf
    195 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_s09_qp_4.pdf

Q4(b)(ii) Can someone please explain how to get the bearing? I tried many ways and still can't get it.

Same paper, Q11(d)(i) & Q11(d)(ii). For (i) please could you explain step by step how to do the algebraic manipulation, and for (ii) I would like to know a shortcut to find two consecutive terms of a sequence from the their sum?

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_w10_qp_41.pdf

Q3(a) Can someone please explain step by step how to prove this?

Same paper, Q7(a) Can someone explain the reasons for x & y? Especially y, I don't understand how y is = 62, and why the MS says that it's because they're angles in the same segment/arc. How do you determine a segment or arc?

Also, Q7(c) Can someone explain this step by step?

Lastly, Q(9)(d) Can you explain step by step how to do the algebraic manipulation?

Thanks a lot in advance to whoever answers any of these questions. I hope they can be answered soon because the paper is on Monday.

Reaction score
help me out plz!!
1. if it takes 6 men 4 days to dig a hole 3 ft deep, how long will it take 10 men to dig a hole 7 ft deep??

2. a floor is covered by 800 tiles measuring 10 cm square. how many square tiles of side 8 cm would be needed to cover the same floor??

The first question seems tough. I gave it a try.
First I found the depth which can be dug by 10 people in 4 days.

In 4 days:
Men Depth
6 3
10 x

x=5 feet

Then with that I found the number of days it would take to dig 7 feet.

Depth Days
5 4
7 x

x= 28/5
= 5.6 days. ( 5 days 14 hours 24 minutes )

I'm not sure about that answer. If you get the right answer do tell me. :)

Second question:
Area of the whole floor= 10 cm sq.* 800
= 8000 cm sq.

Area of square with sides 8cm = 64 cm sq.

64 cm sq. * x tiles = 8000 cm sq.
x = 125 tiles.

Reaction score
Can someone pls tell me whether we need to learn all the math volume formula's for maths paper 4 ??????