• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
OMG this question had come in our exams and i loved it :p

See, throughout, we apply the principle that Volume = Area * length ( whatever length of cross-section... ), and step-by-step, we find each of the variables for both the containers.

For the large container, we have the volume and area, so let's find its length-
Volume = area * length
3456 = 1024 * length
length = 3.375 cm

For the smaller container, we will first find its length in order to get its area, by comparing its values with the bigger shape as they both are similar.
Using the formula V1/v2 = (length1/length2)^3, we substitute (the formula is somewhat that, i don't know how you write it)
3456/1458 = (3.375/length2)^3
length2 = 2.53125 (don't cut off decimal numbers even after three decimal places. Use the calculator to work out the answer)

Now you have the length as well as the volume for the smaller container,
Volume = area * length
1458 = area * 2.53125
area = 576

Erm... i hope you got it :/
thankyou so much!! i loved the way u explained it:).. may u get good grades inshaAllah. good luck!(y)

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

Stuck somewhere in Maths?? Post your queries here! Members around will help you InshaAllah.

NOTE: If you have any doubt in the pastpper questions, then kindly post the link to the paper!

May Allah give us all success in this world as well as the HereAfter...Aameen!!

SEQUENCES-Points to remember:
Many people find it hard, but to be honest it's just more of logic..that's all!

Sequences!

Using log for indices.
I am not able to solve&understand locus in any of pastpaper questions.please send me some videos or explanation to understand.
please do answer fast my exam is on 29-10-2014 early in the morning.
URGENT REQUEST PLEASE!

Reaction score
Hey! To everyone who is doing their paper tomorrow
Good Luck!
Maybe after you guys finished the paper you could tell me how difficult the paper was so that I can prepare it mentally ><
I'm having my paper tomorrow as well :)

Reaction score
anybody here to bother & answer me in this final moment
Does anybody who has done this paper & have tips or anything for this OCT/Nov 2014 maths core variant 12 please send it to me on [email protected]
Don't ask paper dude. I just gave my laptop to my brother and I had good notes in that. Unfortunately he left the home, else I would had stopped him. You are very late and I am shocked you are telling this a day before your exam. Lol! And yeah don't ask for papers here dear don't try na cheat do what u know else leave it. Re sit for your math exam n prepare well n score good.

All the best mate. (y)

Reaction score
thankyou veryyyyyyy much this was so helpful:). and i hope you'll be there if i need more help... can u plzz tell me that what is the rotational symmetry of the letter O and why is the answer in Q 2a not O and I?
Which question?
The letter O could have order 2 if the O is elongated or order infinite if the O is circular.

Reaction score
Plz me too
I dont know how to draw the construct or draw locus of points and my exam is also tomorrow
There are 4 rules in locus
1. The locus of a point is always a circle of radius d (this is always given the question e.g. construct a locus of point A which is 5 cm from it so the radius will be 5)
2. locus of line is a parallel line to it (u just construct four points from the line two on one side and two on the other join these points to make two lines on both sides of the line the distance given in the question is used to plot the points)
3. locus of an angle is its angle bisector
4. locus of two points is the perpendicular bisector of the line joining them
hope you get these points ask me if u have any doubt and which of these do want me to show you by posting images..(y):)

Reaction score
1. The locus of a point is always a circle of radius d (this is always given the question e.g. construct a locus of point A which is 5 cm from it so the radius will be 5)
2. locus of line is a parallel line to it (u just construct four points from the line two on one side and two on the other join these points to make two lines on both sides of the line the distance given in the question is used to plot the points)
hope you get these points ask me if u have any doubt and which of these do want me to show you by posting images..(y):)
Please show me images for 1,2&4 i cant understand them