• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone please help me with q6 part ii of p3 oct 2011.Have done the first part with ease but the second part has 2 theeta instead of normal recurring theeta,sp please help me out.
thanks

Reaction score
For Q3)
dy/dx = 8(1-x^3)^(-1-1) (-1) (-3x^2)
dy/dx = 24x^2/(1-x^3)^2
Inserting x = -1
dy/dx = 24(-1)^2 / (1-(-1)^3)^2
dy/dx = 24/4
dy/dx = 6

Eq of the normal :-
Gradient of the normal = -1/6
4=-1(-1/6) + c
c = 23/6
y = -1/6x + 23/6

Again, the accuracy of my answers is not guaranteed. :whistle:

100% accurate. Thank you so much, btw, Dug. I knew how to do these questions but I just now realized I made the stupidest mistakes and messed them up and then got frustrated. Thank you.

Btw, do you have any tips to avoid making silly errors in CIE? I know the syllabus... I just keep making small mistakes. Not improving much with practice...

Reactions: Dug

Dug

Reaction score
100% accurate. Thank you so much, btw, Dug. I knew how to do these questions but I just now realized I made the stupidest mistakes and messed them up and then got frustrated. Thank you.

Btw, do you have any tips to avoid making silly errors in CIE? I know the syllabus... I just keep making small mistakes. Not improving much with practice...
Some people might say practice makes you perfect and they are not wrong but at times... its just the quirk of fate. :cool:

Reaction score
Are you implying that i am wasting his time? :p
Lol no !! infact you'r really helping. (y)
but cumon... understanding one whole section of the syllabus is best done from the book esp in limited time!! you agree right ? :)

Dug

Reaction score
@dug please help me with the question i posted above thanks:)
If you don't mind, I need to get a break. Post the questions here and someone will definitely try to help you when they get time. If not, I will be back not before too long to help you with them. ;)

Reaction score
what this mean ??
Use the condition for the convergence of a geometric progression, and the formula for the sum to infinity of a convergent geometric progress.
This is from the syllabus.
What does the term 'convergent geometric progression' mean ?

Dug

Reaction score
Lol no !! infact you'r really helping. (y)
but cumon... understanding one whole section of the syllabus is best done from the book esp in limited time!! you agree right ? :)
Exactly! Actually I also used that book. Its amazing!! :cool:

Dug

Reaction score
what this mean ??
Use the condition for the convergence of a geometric progression, and the formula for the sum to infinity of a convergent geometric progress.
This is from the syllabus.
What does the term 'convergent geometric progression' mean ?
I think it means the terms are decreasing with the progression. Just like converging rays and diverging rays :giggle:

Reaction score
Re: Maths help available here!!! Stuck somewhere?? Ask here!

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much, ur answer to this doubt helped me alot. :)
btw, do u have any short notes for mechanics p4. i am facing some troubles in that paper and my exam is on 14th of may. Please reply as soon as possuble!
thank you

Reaction score
If you don't mind, I need to get a break. Post the questions here and someone will definitely try to help you when they get time. If not, I will be back not before too long to help you with them. ;)
no one has been replying its the 3rd time i posted that question i saw you active on this page so asked you its okay anyways thanks for your help in the previous questions:)