• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Whats this ?
LAte and stuff, never heard of it !
Some method of recognizing which one is u and which one v dash in integration by parts...
Suppose there's lnx.x and you've to integrate it.
There you have a logarithm and airthematic value. So in the word " L A T E " L (logarithm ) comes first and A(airthematic ) comes after it. So lnx(logarithimic ) is u and x(airthmatic ) is vdash.
Another example: Suppose there is cosx.2x and you have to integrate it by parts. There is one airthematic term and the other one trignometric term. In "L A T E " , A (airthemitc) comes before T (trignometric ) . So 2x becomes u and cosx becomes vdash. The letter that comes first is u and the one that comes after it is vdash.

Reaction score
Some method of recognizing which one is u and which one v dash in integration by parts...
There you have a logarithm and airthematic value. So in the word " L A T E " L (logarithm ) comes first and A(airthematic ) comes after it. So lnx(logarithimic ) is u and x(airthmatic ) is vdash.
Another example: Suppose there is cosx.2x and you have to integrate it by parts. There is one airthematic term and the other one trignometric term. In "L A T E " , A (airthemitc) comes before T (trignometric ) . So 2x becomes u and cosx becomes vdash. The letter that comes first is u and the one that comes after it is vdash.
Oh, thats a good strategy but i never need help in that i am always able to decide that but that may come of aid, so i will memorise it!
(y)

Reaction score
I use the same bro its called ILATE I for inverse

Reaction score
I use the same bro its called ILATE I for inverse
great :)
btw what's inverse?? Does it come in questions??
Oh, thats a good strategy but i never need help in that i am always able to decide that but that may come of aid, so i will memorise it!
(y)
then how else were you doing these questions??
waoww I knew something in Maths that you didn't. feels honoured :D

Reaction score
Whats this ?
LAte and stuff, never heard of it !

:eek: Seriously? try "I LATE" (think that you're always late at learning maths! ;))

in ∫ u.v'(x)dx = u.v − ∫ u'(x).v dx,"u" will take the expression in the following oder:
a
I - Integration (~ by parts)
L - Logarithmic (e.g. lnx, logx)
A - Algebraic (e.g. x^2, 2x)
T - Trigonometric (tanx, secx)
E - Exponential (e^x)

Reaction score
:eek: Seriously? try "I LATE" (think that you're always late at learning maths! ;))

in
54cae0cd14e5f95ce42a473b7753b4ec.png
,"u" will take the expression in the following oder.

I - Integration
L - Logarithmic (e.g. lnx, logx)
A - Algebraic (e.g. x^2, 2x)
T - Trigonometric (tanx, secx)
E - Exponential (e^x)
Haha, got it!
Thanks
:D

Reaction score
great :)
btw what's inverse?? Does it come in questions??

then how else were you doing these questions??
waoww I knew something in Maths that you didn't. feels honoured :D
I could easily figure out which to take as u
I solved ten years papers never had any problems!
Thats great iam happy you had this 'honour'
:LOL:

Reaction score
no....it was other way around.....bt dont knw what its purpose and use in questions....
I have quoted from the notes, it is correct, but yes never found it purposeful so forget it,
Btw hows prep? and u giving 32 ?