• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
variant 32 was very hard man , i found it harder than winter 2011 (33 paper), the GT for that one was 51.
Nothing was straight forward in the exam. differential equation, integration, volume and vectors were pretty confusing.
and it was more lengthy than most of the past papers...
so i think the gt is going be less than 55. I hope it is so A* can be around 65
which paper has had the lowest gt so far? lets check that paper and compare the level of difficulty?

Reaction score
it was June 08 with 49 Gt for an A. It had two hard questions, u can check june 08 and tell me if you find it hard

Reaction score
it was June 08 with 49 Gt for an A. It had two hard questions, u can check june 08 and tell me if you find it hard
june o8 is so not as hard as our paper... the only thing annoying about jun 08 was the second part in complex numbers and the pn/tns second part.. everything else was straightforward and solve-able... our paper... how the hell do you even integrate lnx squared or solve the differential equation they came up with?

Reaction score
on average, whats the minimum percentage required for an A in maths (all 4 components-p1,p3,s1,m1)?

Reaction score
yeah so hopefully our gt is low. i got the differential equation right.. it was a tricky question.
and for for(lnx)^2 we had to put it in integration by parts with x .... but i got that wrong

Reaction score
I messed up pretty bad in the volume one, the vectors i managed. But i dont know if my answers correct......but the saddest thing was, i messed up the difrentiation of the trignometry function to find stationary points :'( i just cudnt figure it out. Came home and realized what i had to do.......i hope i get an A....

Reaction score
Woooaahhhh !!!! wat a LEVEL paper 32 was that
CIE are like pressurized to increase the difficulty level :p
Alhamdulillah paper went well expecting 75/75 Insha Allah :)

What abt u guys ??

Reaction score
Woooaahhhh !!!! wat a LEVEL paper 32 was that
CIE are like pressurized to increase the difficulty level :p
Alhamdulillah paper went well expecting 75/75 Insha Allah :)

What abt u guys ??
Haha, great to hear that. I'm expecting 50/50 in M1, not so confident about P3 though. Just a little confused about the 2 points in the last question,
didn't get time to cross check my answers with the equations given. Hoping for 72-74/75 :D