• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
1 hour 45 min isnt enough! If the papers were 2hours i wouldnt be so damn depressed right now lol.

Reaction score
The 94% probability is the area in the MIDDLE, which means there is a "tail" on either side, of 3% probability. When you look for z value you need to count from the left side, or negative infinity. So here the probability is 0.94 + 0.03 = 0.97
P5190085.JPG

Reaction score
whenever they use the word USING SUITABLE APPROXIMATION in the question
ok but there is a problem in nov 11 variant 2 or 3 i think they say random sample and in the mark scheme they used the continuity correction !!

Reaction score
ok but there is a problem in nov 11 variant 2 or 3 i think they say random sample and in the mark scheme they used the continuity correction !!
i cant check it right now busy with my chem exam tomorrow when i am free i will try and figure it out and explain

Reaction score
Reaction score
[number without pink next to green] = [total number] - [number with pink next to green]
total number, as calculated in (iii), is 9P3 = 504
number with pink next to green can be done this way:
- find the number of choices that has both the pink and green cards, which is just, with the pink and green removed, choosing 1 extra from 7.
1 × 1 × 7C1 = 7
- find the number of arrangements of the three chosen cards that have the pink next to green.
2! × 2! = 4
So overall with pink next to green there are 7 × 4 = 28 arrangements
504 - 28 = 476 arrangements without pink next to green.

Reaction score
[number without pink next to green] = [total number] - [number with pink next to green]
total number, as calculated in (iii), is 9P3 = 504
number with pink next to green can be done this way:
- find the number of choices that has both the pink and green cards, which is just, with the pink and green removed, choosing 1 extra from 7.
1 × 1 × 7C1 = 7
- find the number of arrangements of the three chosen cards that have the pink next to green.
2! × 2! = 4
So overall with pink next to green there are 7 × 4 = 28 arrangements
504 - 28 = 476 arrangements without pink next to green.
thanks

Reaction score
please tell me some rules regarding reading reverse table in normal distribution.i get so confused..

Reaction score
please any help when we use the continuity correction in solving the normal distribution problems, for example in june 11 paper 62 there is a question using normal approximation and in the mark scheme they used the continuity correction !!!!

Reaction score
please any help when we use the continuity correction in solving the normal distribution problems, for example in june 11 paper 62 there is a question using normal approximation and in the mark scheme they used the continuity correction !!!!
Continuity correction is used when we approximate a discrete variable using a continuous variable. Like using X~N to approximate X~B, or X~N approximate X~Po

Reaction score
i really don't understand it well, i mean the question terms in the past papers
when i know from these terms that i have to solve using continuity correction??

Reaction score
can someone please explain how to solve these questions:
-eight cards are selected with replacement from a standard pack of 52 playing cards with 12 picture carsd, 20 odd cards and 20 even cards.
a)how many different sequences of eight cards are possible?( ans:5.346 X 10 ^13
b)how many of the sequences in part (a) will contain three picture cards, three odd- numbered cards and two even numbered cards?(ans: 3.097 X10 ^12)

- Each of the digits 1, 1,, 2,3, 3, 4, 6,is written on a separarte card. The seven cards are then laid out in a row to form a 7-digit number. How many of these 7-digit numbers is divisible by 4?( ans:300)

-The letters of the word POSSESSES are written on nine cards, one on each card. The cards are shuffled and four of them are selected and arranged in a straight line.
a) how many possible selections are there of four letters?( ans :12)
b)how many arrangements are there of four letters? ( ans:115)

thanx in advance