• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hello amyhiii!!!!!!!1hi how are you???
its e^x=0 which u said it and the other one should be 6-3e^2x=0 when u solve it...............................
and hey @shanki631 its a maximum point on the curve where x=0.427...........................????is it correct?
o_O Err What? I don't get u. I wanted to substitute e^x by y for it to be easier to solve.

Reaction score
I guess u may have pressed the media button but its the button of upoload a file on the right hand side under the dialog box in which u are now typing,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I usually do my drawings on paint, coz my scanner's got some problem at the moment and can't work. it says that it cannot upload a bitmap image. How can i upload an image anyways?

Reaction score
I usually do my drawings on paint, coz my scanner's got some problem at the moment and can't work. it says that it cannot upload a bitmap image. How can i upload an image anyways?
Ohhh ya see the document that u made....the paint file open it...and then click save as and then save it as format:-JPEG and then upload it only then it will get uploaded.................BITMAP files are not allowed here

Reaction score
Hello amyhiii!!!!!!!1hi how are you???
its e^x=0 which u said it and the other one should be 6-3e^2x=0 when u solve it...............................
and hey @shanki631 its a maximum point on the curve where x=0.427...........................????is it correct?

the ans is o.35

Reaction score
plzzz 10,11,12 and 13th question solve and aTTACH AS A SCAN PLZZZZZZZZZZ if possibel or work it out here

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?o2cp74d0881nbb9#
this is the link to differentitaing trignometric function chapter 6 in p2 and p3 i have a doubt in exercise 6a question number 6,question 7 and question 8 part a and part e.......
and also question 9 part b and f........................plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz reply asap...its just a few question.....plz attach scan!!
smzimran
minato112
celoth
plzzz help me asap

the image is kinda blur,
I can't see the question clearly,
just answer according to what i am able to see @_@,

6a) ans : (cos x)exp(sin x)

6b) ans : -3(sin 3x)exp(cos 3x)

6c) ans : 10(sin x)(cos x)exp(sin^2 x)

whenever you need to differentiate exponential thing,
like exp(u) , where u is another function in x,
the answer is (du/dx)exp(u).

i will solve the rest if got time

Reaction score
plzzz 10,11,12 and 13th question solve and aTTACH AS A SCAN PLZZZZZZZZZZ if possibel or work it out here

no 10)
1st method: Chain rule:

Let u=a+x, du/dx=1
therefore, y=sin u, dy/du=cos u

by chain rule,
dy/dx
= dy/du x du/dx
= cos u x 1
= cos u
= cos (a+x)

2nd method: expansion:

sin(a+x) = (sin a)(cos x)+(cos a)(sin x)

dy/dx
= -(sin a)(sin x)+(cos a)(cos x)
= (cos a)(cos x)-(sin a)(sin x)
= cos (a+x)

the answer is same for both methods

Reaction score
no 10)
1st method: Chain rule:

Let u=a+x, du/dx=1
therefore, y=sin u, dy/du=cos u

by chain rule,
dy/dx
= dy/du x du/dx
= cos u x 1
= cos u
= cos (a+x)

2nd method: expansion:

sin(a+x) = (sin a)(cos x)+(cos a)(sin x)

dy/dx
= -(sin a)(sin x)+(cos a)(cos x)
= (cos a)(cos x)-(sin a)(sin x)
= cos (a+x)

the answer is same for both methods
and what about 11th question?