• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
dOES SOMEONE HAVE A COMPILED MARKING SCHEME from 2002 tilll 2012 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz FOR ALL THE PAST PAPERS OF PAPER 3(p3-9709).....................
CAN SOMEONE MAKE IT???OR U HAVE IT???REALLY APPRECIATE THAT......THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!:)

Reaction score
quote="parthrocks, post: 373170, member: 9587"]Hey bro thanks a lot.......i got it....thank you once again!!!
np. you're welcome.[/quote]
dOES SOMEONE HAVE A COMPILED MARKING SCHEME from 2002 tilll 2012 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz FOR ALL THE PAST PAPERS OF PAPER 3(p3-9709).....................
CAN SOMEONE MAKE IT???OR U HAVE IT???REALLY APPRECIATE THAT......THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!:)

Reaction score
np. you're welcome.
CAN SOMEONE MAKE IT???OR U HAVE IT???REALLY APPRECIATE THAT......THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!:)[/quote]
aren't they available easily?? =/
Redspots are good too...

Reaction score
Plz need suggestion: i starting my A'levels in sep so i need help for the best maths book which will cover the whole syllabus and help me get an A*.....

Reaction score
Plz need suggestion: i starting my A'levels in sep so i need help for the best maths book which will cover the whole syllabus and help me get an A*.....

is not the best maths book that matters,
I saw many students using the same maths book but get different results,
the question is.....

Are YOU the best student ??

A best book won't make the student to become the best student,
A best student will make every books to become the best book.

Reaction score
I was just looking at some past papers and I'm stuck on this one, top is question and bottom is mark scheme.
First of all, for the integration, I don't get how they got the coefficient of 2 in 2xe^(3x)
I think I really need to brush up on my maths! :eek:
I would really appreciate your help guys! :)
Untitled.png

Reaction score
are there surds and indices in math syllabus?...not sure cz the CIE endorsed buk of Pure Mathematics 1 has this topic while i dunt see it nowhere in the syllabus.

Reaction score
I was just looking at some past papers and I'm stuck on this one, top is question and bottom is mark scheme.
First of all, for the integration, I don't get how they got the coefficient of 2 in 2xe^(3x)
View attachment 14683

the coefficient of 2 in 2xe^(3x) is because of integration by parts:

Letting u=6x, du = 6
dv=e^(3x), v=(1/3)e^(3x)

then uv = (6x)(1/3)e^(3x), = 2xe^(3x)

and the vdu you calculate yourselves......

Reaction score

Hope this answers your question

Attachments

• IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
the coefficient of 2 in 2xe^(3x) is because of integration by parts:

Letting u=6x, du = 6
dv=e^(3x), v=(1/3)e^(3x)

then uv = (6x)(1/3)e^(3x), = 2xe^(3x)

and the vdu you calculate yourselves......

Thanks heaps!!:) I finally get it now and I realised I've just been doing silly mistakes :(
Never realised people on theses forums were so helpful :D Thanks

Reaction score
There is another way thats easier.. Try inputing the values of x in a table and then draw the graph.. U would b able to visualize more easily