• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
MustafaMotani can you please summarize some formulas for each different cases of vector question, like when plane is perpendicular to one line.. and other complicate situation? I kept on trying to understand the question, but I always got confused at deciding each formula I should use..

Reaction score
PhyZac
to be honest, from this step, you could (i would) directly jump to the conclusion. which is the prove.

As for Q8i) you're getting -10. that's correct. now you have to change signs because the limits have been exchanged. If you notice the limits are supposed to be (6-5)^1/2 and (6-2)^1/2
1 being your upper limit and 2 being the lower limit. However the question asks ask to write 2 as the upper limit and 1 as the lower limit. So when you exchange these limits you have to change the sign

Sounds a bit confusing but think about it, you'll get it

Reaction score

2.i) Let f(x)=x^3-8x-13
By trial n error
(as in take values of x= 0 to any no. as long as u dont get two a positive value; u may Consider decimals too sometimes)

so i found for x=3 we get a negative value which is -10
And for x=4 we get a positive valu which id 19
so as the values have different signs the root lies betwn x=3 n x=4

Hope u got this!

Btwn working on 6 i .... gotta wait!!

Reaction score
[/COLOR said:
Rutzaba]light is abt to go...
try making factors of dnominator
2x^2 +5x+2
(1+2x)(x+2)
do partial fractions
integrate

I just don't get why there are 3 terms instead of 2?

Reaction score
2.i) Let f(x)=x^3-8x-13
By trial n error
(as in take values of x= 0 to any no. as long as u dont get two a positive value; u may Consider decimals too sometimes)

so i found for x=3 we get a negative value which is -10
And for x=4 we get a positive valu which id 19
so as the values have different signs the root lies betwn x=3 n x=4

Hope u got this!

Btwn working on 6 i .... gotta wait!!

I don't understand one thing. I mean, how do you know which value of x is the correct value? Because even if I take x=2, I get a negative value of -21.
And even if I take x=5, I get a positive value of 72. So how do I know which value of x to consider? :(

Reaction score
I don't understand one thing. I mean, how do you know which value of x is the correct value? Because even if I take x=2, I get a negative value of -21.
And even if I take x=5, I get a positive value of 72. So how do I know which value of x to consider? :(

yes i knw that is confusing... Bt wat u do is start from zero n go serially n if u get two different signs consecutively those are the two values of x! like over here u cud have said x lies betwn 0 to 5 but to be precise u have to say 3 to 4.
U c 4 x=3 u get positive value n for x=4 u get negative so they u get different values consequentially so the root lies betwn this two...
Umm cud i make the point? :~

Btwn i also told u the procedure of 6i ! c inbox!!!

Reaction score
yes i knw that is confusing... Bt wat u do is start from zero n go serially n if u get two different signs consecutively those are the two values of x! like over here u cud have said x lies betwn 0 to 5 but to be precise u have to say 3 to 4.
U c 4 x=3 u get positive value n for x=4 u get negative so they u get different values consequentially so the root lies betwn this two...
Umm cud i make the point? :~

Btwn i also told u the procedure of 6i ! c inbox!!!
Oh okay :) Thanks!