• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
MustafaMotani can you please summarize some formulas for each different cases of vector question, like when plane is perpendicular to one line.. and other complicate situation? I kept on trying to understand the question, but I always got confused at deciding each formula I should use..
I am not the ryt guy to do that.. :(
I just visualise situations of draw them to understand what is going on in vectors question and then act accordingly..

Reaction score
Okay, I was also actually stuck in the same question but someone who has also been participating in this thread had offered to help me out. Unfortunately, for me and my silly brain, I can't quite remember who had helped me (n) So please forgive me if you are reading this right now, anonymous helper.
But I have saved the picture he/she had sent me of the solution to this question
I'll attach the solution here.
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/w_12_qp33-q4-jpg.26305/

Thnx lot !!! i hv been stuck on this 4 ages!! n yes ur brain isnt silly its only u r burdened! So yeah thanx to both of you!!! :D

Reaction score
Okay, I was also actually stuck in the same question but someone who has also been participating in this thread had offered to help me out. Unfortunately, for me and my silly brain, I can't quite remember who had helped me (n) So please forgive me if you are reading this right now, anonymous helper.
But I have saved the picture he/she had sent me of the solution to this question
I'll attach the solution here.
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/w_12_qp33-q4-jpg.26305/

Thnx lot !!! i hv been stuck on this 4 ages!! n yes ur brain isnt silly its only u r burdened! So yeah thanx to both of you!!! :D

Reaction score
How to continue further from here ? : (may be something very basic...... but its not coming into ma mind right now :\ )

View attachment 26601

its q4 of http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w12_qp_33.pdf

Rutzaba
Esme
applepie1996

or anyone ?

=
How to continue further from here ? : (may be something very basic...... but its not coming into ma mind right now :\ )

View attachment 26601

its q4 of http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w12_qp_33.pdf

Rutzaba
Esme
applepie1996

or anyone ?
convert everything to ln
lny= ln(x^2 +4)^3 +ln32 -ln4^3
got it?

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_mn0a4mmIGQ1qz4rgp.jpg

Sorry i skipped the part where i got the limits.. you just substitute x = 5 and x = 2 in u = sqrt (6- x) to get 2 and 1 respectively, but since they asked us to flip the limits, we multiply the entire integrand by -1 thus getting rid of the - 10 u !!
Good luck!

Reaction score
Hello , is there any kind soul out there who can help me with Q7 (ii) ? I don't know how to solve it. 9709_s11_qp_32
Hello. I solved it long ago, and i'm checking my copybook, I hope you solved part (i) correctly.. when you sketch it, you have the angle and the opposite side is (10/a^2 +4) and the adjacent side is (5a/a^2 + 4) so to find the tan of the angle which they provided, you need to write tan(3pi/4) = opp/adj
This gives : tan (3pi/4) = 10/5a
[shift] tan(3pi/4) = 10/5a
-1 = 10/5a
a= -2
Good luck!!

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_mn0a4mmIGQ1qz4rgp.jpg

Sorry i skipped the part where i got the limits.. you just substitute x = 5 and x = 2 in u = sqrt (6- x) to get 2 and 1 respectively, but since they asked us to flip the limits, we multiply the entire integrand by -1 thus getting rid of the - 10 u !!
Good luck!

So after we integrate this completely, we still have to multiply the -1 at the end, right?