• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
In how many different ways can the letters of the word 'LEADING' be arranged in such a way that vowels always come together?

Help required with some working please
why can't 5 X 3! X 7C3 be the answer?
Heeeeelllppppp pleaaasseeee :)

Reaction score
Guys how to solve this question with steps please ! :)
o5u9NR.jpg

Thought blocker

Last edited:
Reaction score
So Can some one help me with PART B ofthis question? This is from edxcel june 2013R
Capture.JPG

I have no Idea how to do it. I tried marking scheme and its more confusing, I usually use examsolutions but solution of this paper is not there.

He is the marking scheme of this question. How did they get 71 there? Not to mention how did they get x=0.1?!
s.JPG

Reaction score
So Can some one help me with PART B ofthis question? This is from edxcel june 2013R
View attachment 49225

I have no Idea how to do it. I tried marking scheme and its more confusing, I usually use examsolutions but solution of this paper is not there.

He is the marking scheme of this question. How did they get 71 there? Not to mention how did they get x=0.1?!
View attachment 49224
I cannot get the pic of the question. But figuring from the markscheme there is some mistake. Simplifying with surd rules it should be 10 cbrt(7.1) hence x can be 0.1. Upload the question again dude.

Reaction score
View attachment 49225

View attachment 49224

cube root 7100 can be written as cube root 71 * 100
ths can further be written as surd form like 10 cube root 71
using ur expansion 71 =( 8 - 9x )
replace this in the surd form expression...it will become 10 cube root ( 8 - 9x )

PS i need the expansion to get the result x=0.1
upload it plz. im too lazy to work tht out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
cube root 7100 can be written as cube root 71 * 100
ths can further be written as surd form like 10 cube root 71
using ur expansion 71 =( 8 - 9x )
replace this in the surd form expression...it will become 10 cube root ( 8 - 9x )

PS i need the expansion to get the result x=0.1
upload it plz. im too lazy to work tht out.

btw u need to replace ur expansion cube root ( 8 - 9x ) in the surd form n expand. n solve for x using quadratic formula judging from the answer 0.1
8-0.9 = 7.1 ?