• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
It's the expansion of any of the roots and simplifying it
please explain how to eliminate y from last step to get answer for x in terms of a

11212216_10202852870161720_1031464285_n.jpg

Reaction score
i) The function is made up of 2 parts: Curve + Straight line. The domain is given for both parts and the resulting graph is said to be of f(x). So if we look at the graph we know the max and min x-values. They are given in the domains in the question. Max x-value is 4 and Min x-value is -1.
Now the top part is the curve so we put x-value 4 in the curve equation to get the max y-value and the x-value -1 in the straight line equation to get the minimum y-value and that is the range.
56T6MX0.jpg

ii) I hope you can find the inverses. They are easy. Here is the graph:
Dotted lines are from the inverse functions.
0RiP0Bf.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Need help ASAP
M/J 2014 P12 Q#2 (Binomial Part)
How do we DO these type of questions???

Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone help me out with Q3 (i)? Thank you! :)

Attachments

• Quadratic.jpg
    Quadratic.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
i) The function is made up of 2 parts: Curve + Straight line. The domain is given for both parts and the resulting graph is said to be of f(x). So if we look at the graph we know the max and min x-values. They are given in the domains in the question. Max x-value is 4 and Min x-value is -1.
Now the top part is the curve so we put x-value 4 in the curve equation to get the max y-value and the x-value -1 in the straight line equation to get the minimum y-value and that is the range.
56T6MX0.jpg

ii) I hope you can find the inverses. They are easy. Here is the graph:
Dotted lines are from the inverse functions.
0RiP0Bf.jpg
Thanks A LOT >>> really helpful !

Reaction score
Hey.
I m getting really tensed forr tomorrow's Math exam.
Has anyone been done with AS maths today?

Reaction score
how to know if a function will have inverse or not ..and how to find minimum value for it to be inverse