• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i have my chem practical tomorrow in the morning no time to study stats i am too scared :(

Reaction score
go to sleep dude wake up early in the morning and revise.. if u have stamina and if u wont get tired then wake up the whole time otherwise sleep. i recommend you to wake up at 6 study till 9 and then sleep till 12. wakeup but dont do anything then just go straight for ur paper :)

duude my paper is at 10 am! i don't have time to wake up and practice :/ :cry: what ever i can finish now is all the revision i can do at the moment its 9:40 pm i dont have time :cry:

Reaction score
ok dude look just leave those topics in which u are strong and do pastpapers from 2007 onwards of those questions in which you are weak. im doing the same but i started from 2001 since i started early

Reaction score
Also I dont understand why in normal distribution questions if it is for example " find the probability that x is more than 13" in the marking schemes it sometimes states p(z>13-mean/s.d) and other times it P(z>13.5-mean/s.d) how do we know when to do which one????????

Reaction score
ok dude look just leave those topics in which u are strong and do pastpapers from 2007 onwards of those questions in which you are weak. im doing the same but i started from 2001 since i started early

okayy thankss ill try that :(

Reaction score
1)Ten people travel in 2 cars,a saloon and a Mini.If the saloon has seats for 6 and the Mini has seats for 4,find the number of different ways in which the party can travel,assuming that the order of seating in each car does not matter and all the people can drive. Ans- 210
2)I have seven fruit bars to last the week. 2 are apricot, 3 are fig and 2 peach. I select one bar each day. In how many different orders can I eat the bars? Ans-210
If I select a fruit bar at random each day,what is the probability that I eat 2 apricot ones on consecutive days? Ans -2/7

Can someone try ...mmm not gtn the answer

Reaction score
1)Ten people travel in 2 cars,a saloon and a Mini.If the saloon has seats for 6 and the Mini has seats for 4,find the number of different ways in which the party can travel,assuming that the order of seating in each car does not matter and all the people can drive. Ans- 210
2)I have seven fruit bars to last the week. 2 are apricot, 3 are fig and 2 peach. I select one bar each day. In how many different orders can I eat the bars? Ans-210
If I select a fruit bar at random each day,what is the probability that I eat 2 apricot ones on consecutive days? Ans -2/7

q1 ) i have to select 6 ppl from 10 for the saloon hence 10C6 and now i have to select 4 from the remaining 4 for the mini and its 4C4. hence 10C6 *4c4
q2) You just have to arrange the fruit bars 7!/2!*3!*2!

Reaction score

cudnt do the probability one sorry im getting 2/49 as ans

Reaction score
OK guys im off will come in the morning Insha Allah hope the best for all of you and pray that all of us get A* . ALLAH HAFIZ

Reaction score
nov2010 variant 3 q1. Can anyone help me please?
obviously its normal distribution because the mean is the center of all the data. s.d can be 6kg and mean can be 60. u will use normal because female students specially have even weights mostly

Reaction score
yeah this is my point, when i know that i have to change from bionomial to normal??

when lets say, u are given...a fixed nmber of trial eg a dice is thrown 200 times.... use a suitable approximation to find the probability that more than 60 times it landed on a 3..... or when u hv all the binomial related data ie; number of trials....probability of success and failure...and u need to find the probability of a large event.......