• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What do you think would be the minimum marks for an A* and an A, overall? (p1, m1, p3,s1)
(pi and M1 was 94/125 for an A last year)

Reaction score
ahh that's great.Could you please explain me q4 both parts of oct 2009 32.I am not sure how to calculate the acceptance region when the alternate hypothesis is not equal to(two tail test).What should we do?the ms doesn't help at all.please reply soon.
thanks
P.S if you have any sort of doubts of your own,I'll try to help you as well.

Reaction score
ahh that's great.Could you please explain me q4 both parts of oct 2009 32.I am not sure how to calculate the acceptance region when the alternate hypothesis is not equal to(two tail test).What should we do?the ms doesn't help at all.please reply soon.
thanks
P.S if you have any sort of doubts of your own,I'll try to help you as well.

I'm sorrryy i don't do A level math :/ I'm only doing my As at the moment...I thought you meant variant 2 my bad :/ im really sorryyy

Reaction score
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
okay let me get this cleared first.You are doing a level math s2 right?If so could you help me binomial in hypothesis.Not sure what we're supposed to do when the alternate hypothesis is not equal to some probability.A related question would be q4 of oct 2009 32.Please let me know asap.thanks

Reaction score
any one?
The probability that an a% confidence interval includes only values that are lower than the population mean is 1/16. Find the value of a.

it's J/11 71

Reaction score
plz help:1)The continuous random variable x has a normal distribution with mean mu and variance sigma^2.Given that p(x>21)=0.020and p(x<10)=0.015,calculate mean and sigma to 1 dp.