• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
You will have to be more specific when articulating your needs (eg what topics you are currently studying, what exactly confuses you etc) so others can assist you efficiently. Good luck, stay optimistic. Peace.
i am having problems in chapter1 that is coordinates,points and lines .....chapter3 functions and graphs...chapter 4 quadratics...chapter 5 inequalities....chapter 18 radians....and currently we are doing chapter6 that is differnciation....:/

Reaction score
i am having problems in chapter1 that is coordinates,points and lines .....chapter3 functions and graphs...chapter 4 quadratics...chapter 5 inequalities....chapter 18 radians....and currently we are doing chapter6 that is differnciation....:/
Just go ahead and post your doubts :)
and go to examsolutions on youtube,his explanations are really good :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Walaikum Asslam wr wb

well I posted the questions above
here they are XPFMember
http://www.xtremepapers.com/communi...st-your-doubts-here.9599/page-232#post-391382

what's the answer to the first part..

now in the 2nd part, in place of y they put (2x -x^2)....that's it..find the relevant terms, i.e. the x^2 ones...add them up...

2nd ques...put the expanded result of the 1st part in place of the unexpanded one...multiply the relevant terms, that is the one which'll give you x^3...simplify....get it?

Reaction score
image.jpg
For this question I get two critical values x=1 or x=5/3. But in the mark scheme they only consider x=1. Why??? Plz whitecorp or anyone help me.

Reaction score
View attachment 16393
For this question I get two critical values x=1 or x=5/3. But in the mark scheme they only consider x=1. Why??? Plz whitecorp or anyone help me.
See bro substitute value of 5/3 and then u get 0.33333333 left hand side and -0.333333 on the right hand side which means that 0.33333 is not less than - 0.333333 and so it's false....and we done take it though confirm with whitecorp

Reaction score
A ball is thrown vertically upward and is caught at the same height 3 seconds later. Find (a) the distance it rose (b) the speed with which it was thrown .

Reaction score
A ball is thrown vertically, with a speed of 7 m/s from a balcony 14 m above the ground. Find how long it takes to reach the ground if it is thrown (a) downwards (b) ... Find also the speed with which it reaches the ground in each of these cases.

Reaction score
can someone please help me with some unit vector questions? I totally forgot how to do them again.

The vector A has x and y and z-components of 8, 12, and -4 units . (a) Write the

vector equation of this vector in terms of the unit vectors i,j, and k. (b) find the unit

vector of a vector B one forth the length of A pointing in the same direction as A.
i did part (a) i am stuck on (b)
thanks

Reaction score
Hi. Can anyone solve this question for me . Iwould be grateful.

(i)Prove The Identity cos4x + 4cos2x = 8(cosx)^2 -3
(ii) Hence solve the equations for 0<x<360.

plz solve it with detail showing every important step. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
A ball is thrown vertically upward and is caught at the same height 3 seconds later. Find (a) the distance it rose (b) the speed with which it was thrown .

There is symmetry involved here-the path of the ball on the way upwards, and that of the ball on the way downwards.
Let initial velocity of the ball be u, then time taken to travel upwards =3/2 =1.5s
When it attains its maximum height before falling downwards, velocity =0
Hence, 0= u + (-g)(1.5) =======> u=1.5g m/s (shown)
(Note that I have assigned upwards as being positive for the first half of the journey, therefore acceleration due to free fall aka g is defined in the negative sense.)
Also, 0^2 = u^2 -2(g)(s)
Substituting in (1): 0=2.25g^2 - 2g(s)
Solving gives s = 2.25/2 =1.125 g metres. (shown)

(Not sure if you use g =9.81 or 10 m/s^2, so I will leave it to you to stick in the appropriate value for both answers)

Hope this helps. Peace.

Reaction score
can someone please help me with some unit vector questions? I totally forgot how to do them again.

The vector A has x and y and z-components of 8, 12, and -4 units . (a) Write the

vector equation of this vector in terms of the unit vectors i,j, and k. (b) find the unit

vector of a vector B one forth the length of A pointing in the same direction as A.
i did part (a) i am stuck on (b)
thanks

Did you mean to say one fourth?