• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys I'm facing a problem with a specific type of question... Like when they say give a set of values for k for which .. etc.
After we solve the eqn. and get a value of k, how do we set the inequality... and know which sign to put.. Like this for example.

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w10_qp_12.pdf
6) i.

Oi tag me as well .. when you get the answer.. since I don't know that as well..! How to know whether the limit will be lesser or greater?

Reaction score
Okay guys heres tha deal.
If you cant prove something move on. Dont waste time correcting it unless you have finished the paper

Reaction score
Reaction score
Guys I'm facing a problem with a specific type of question... Like when they say give a set of values for k for which .. etc.
After we solve the eqn. and get a value of k, how do we set the inequality... and know which sign to put.. Like this for example.

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w10_qp_12.pdf
6) i.
well if tangent then equate the formulae to zero
if two real distinct points then formulae>0
if no real points then formulae <0

Reaction score
IT MEANS no point of intersection ie b^2-4ac <0

naw .. he means

like with

k^2 – 4k < 0
k(k-4)<0
we get two numbers .. k=4 and k=0 .. how does one know which sign to put.. greater then or less then and with which..

k-4<0 .. k<4 ? and k<0 ?

Reaction score
okay one thing we can do to make this thread better is to post questions here only... and not the tension... cux tension is contagious for others... lowers the general level of morale! you ppl gonna ace it YEA?!