• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have never seen this method before.. Can it be done by diagram?
Yes you can make diagrams and solve by coordinate geometry as well.
The first condition specifies a set of points that make a slope of 1/sqrt(3). It also has y intercept of 2. So the equation will be y = 1/sqrt(3) *x + 2.
The second condition specifies a set of points that are equidistant from (0,3) and (3,0). The line will be a perpendicular bisector of the line that joins these two points. You'll find that this equation is the line y=x

By solving these two equations simultaneously, you can find the real and imaginary part of P and proceed to convert the complex number into the required form.

A note about the other method I sent as an attachment, where I wrote "tan" it should have been tan^-1 (INVERSE TAN)

Reaction score
Yes you can make diagrams and solve by coordinate geometry as well.
The first condition specifies a set of points that make a slope of 1/sqrt(3). It also has y intercept of 2. So the equation will be y = 1/sqrt(3) *x + 2.
The second condition specifies a set of points that are equidistant from (0,3) and (3,0). The line will be a perpendicular bisector of the line that joins these two points. You'll find that this equation is the line y=x

By solving these two equations simultaneously, you can find the real and imaginary part of P and proceed to convert the complex number into the required form.

A note about the other method I sent as an attachment, where I wrote "tan" it should have been tan^-1 (INVERSE TAN)

Ok I'll try it later then let u know if I have any questions :).

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum :)
Do u have P1 & P4 all varients of oct-nov 2015 solved papers???
Assalamu alaikum :)
Do u have P1 & P4 all varients of oct-nov 2015 solved papers???
pdf.gif
2015_May_June_Paper_11.pdf
pdf.gif
2015_May_June_Paper_12.pdf
pdf.gif
2015_May_June_Paper_13.pdf
P1 papers :p

Reaction score
Don't know for sure, but may be it means that Population follows a normal distribution :p
I had a question in my stats-2 paper today, why is sample mean normally distributed. The real answer was coz population is normal, but I wrote that coz sample has continuous data or unbiased data.. Will this be give correct?
Thanks.