• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MATHMATICS

Reaction score
elevator was in b ,
3 min and 20 sec,
can you tell me the right answer for the matrix

Reaction score
Giraffe195 said:
The max speed question, I think you have to find the height of the triangle. You find the distance which is 130 and then you do .5 * 16(the time) * h = 130.
The midpoint question you have to do the two X coordinates and divide by two to get the X and then add the two y coordinates and divide by 2 to get the Y coordinates. I think the answer was (4,2) or something like that.
No Locus questions came.
I believe the answers for the symmetry was one line of symmetry and 2 for the rotational. But don't take my word for it. I don't remember exactly.

no rational of symmetry was 1 because the star will not fit in the 2

Reaction score
the answer for the maximum speed was 16.25! i was so nervious that i didnt knew how to do the question about the two circles and the one of the fences that was to use limit (32x1.995) now i hope that paper 4 will be easier!

Reaction score
That was one hard exam. I'm usually good at maths and I thought I'd do really well but ..... oh well. Just everyone keep your hopes up and do well il paper 4 :) I'm gonna atudy my ass off for paper 4, I don't even care about paper 6 chem. and bio :p

Reaction score
ZaidOwns said:
Please theres only 3 hours till exam all tell me, what are the most common questions to come?
wat are the answers for the venn diagrams?
and themaximum speed?
icant stop thinking about it

Reaction score
mariomaged said:
Giraffe195 said:
The max speed question, I think you have to find the height of the triangle. You find the distance which is 130 and then you do .5 * 16(the time) * h = 130.
The midpoint question you have to do the two X coordinates and divide by two to get the X and then add the two y coordinates and divide by 2 to get the Y coordinates. I think the answer was (4,2) or something like that.
No Locus questions came.
I believe the answers for the symmetry was one line of symmetry and 2 for the rotational. But don't take my word for it. I don't remember exactly.

OMG I GOT THE ANSWER 17.5!!!!!
cu i calculated the distance rong 140!!
would i get marks for the working out???!!!
how many mrks was it anyway???

Reaction score
kalazooni said:
mariomaged said:
Giraffe195 said:
No Locus questions came.

OMG I GOT THE ANSWER 17.5!!!!!
cu i calculated the distance rong 140!!
would i get marks for the working out???!!!
how many mrks was it anyway???

It was five marks. If it's a ecf then you may get 4 marks.

Reaction score
many friends of mine are very upset and they hope that paper 4 will be a nicer one..beacuse i think that this paper had been a nasty one and even my math teacher was surprised.

Reaction score
THAT WAS ONE AWSOME EXAM, it was very hard, i did do from 1998 to 2009, this was hardest, but think about it now the curve is gonna get low, i lost from 6 to 10 marks, anyway, thats just the beginning if math and even paper 6 physics were hard, how about biology and chemistry =D

Reaction score
Seeing as u did so well what was thr answet for the one about tht guys speed

The the hw lng ws pt...please explain how u got it

Also sinx - cosx = 0.5

And did u do the changing of subject of fornular

Reaction score
the speed of guy i got 10 i asked my teacher he said true

PT was hardest i spent about 30 mins looking at it, i was like =0

sinx - cox = -.5 was 66

yes i did change the subject, it is X = 2/p

Reaction score
the question about the max speed was 16.25 not 10..! and the one about putting x as the subject was 3/p-1!!!!

Reaction score
max speed answer:
the total time is 16
distance = 130m
take time till max speed v to be t
thus time after max speed = 16-t
eq: (0.5*v*t) + [0.5*v*(16-t)]=130, using area of a graph is distance
taking l.c.m 2 for the 2 fractions, (vt)+[v(16-t)] /2 =130
taking v common in the eq., v(t+16-t) /2 = 130
thus v*16/2 = 130
v*8 = 130
v = 130/8= 16.25