• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths(0580) Which formulas will be given in the exam?

Reaction score
I'm taking Maths(0580) Extended.
Which formulas (e.g. volume of sphere etc.) will be given in the exam?

thanks!

Reaction score
I'm taking Maths(0580) Extended.
Which formulas (e.g. volume of sphere etc.) will be given in the exam?

thanks!
No formulas are given that are separate to the question paper. Sometimes you could be given a formula for a 3d shapes questions. The formulas that you could be given are:

Volume / surface area of a 1) cone, 2) pyramid, 3) sphere.

(They might give you a formula for total surface area or curved surface area).

The formulas will always be given to you if you need to use them. So you don't need to learn them but you should practice using them.

Reaction score
But there are some formulas That are to be learned! Like Cos rule or Sin Rule or at some places Surface areas..........What would a person do if he have not learned them like the person said you don't need to learn them but if i wouldn't it would be really hard to score A*
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_s11_qp_42.pdf here lemme give an example Question 7 a doesn't have any formal's given but you need to use it isn't it ? Well i just wanted to tell that you should prefer learning all the formulas and not depend on the formula being given as there are very little chances of getting it!

Reaction score
But there are some formulas That are to be learned! Like Cos rule or Sin Rule or at some places Surface areas..........What would a person do if he have not learned them like the person said you don't need to learn them but if i wouldn't it would be really hard to score A*
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_s11_qp_42.pdf here lemme give an example Question 7 a doesn't have any formal's given but you need to use it isn't it ? Well i just wanted to tell that you should prefer learning all the formulas and not depend on the formula being given as there are very little chances of getting it!
I think you are misunderstanding what I said.

The only formulas that could be given in an IGCSE exam are Volume / surface area of a 1) cone, 2) pyramid, 3) sphere.

No other formula will be given to you so you must learn every other formula. The only formulas that you don't need to learn are the ones above.

Reaction score
The only formulas that could be given in an IGCSE exam are Volume / surface area of a 1) cone, 2) pyramid, 3) sphere.

No other formula will be given to you so you must learn every other formula. The only formulas that you don't need to learn are the ones above.
yupp (y)

Reaction score
I think you are misunderstanding what I said.

No what i mean to say was that sometimes they don't even give those formulas so you have to learn those to!

Reaction score
No what i mean to say was that sometimes they don't even give those formulas so you have to learn those to!
Can you show me an example where the formula is not given?

For 7a in S11-42, you don't need a formula to work out the surface area. The areas of all the faces can be worked out using the diagrams given.

Reaction score
I'm sure they always give you the formula for 1) cone 2) sphere 3) pyramid......the rest you need to learn!

Reaction score
sometimes they give u the formula for the area and volume of sphere
but learn them any way incase this year they dont give the to us
good luck for all us:)